Pet names

Debi

Owner/Admin
Staff
Reaction score
PET NAMES ARE ALWAYS DIFFICULT FOR ME. I SIT AND WAIT FOR THE ANIMAL TO SHOW ME WHO HE/SHE REALLY IS AND WHISPER THEIR NAME TO ME.

HOWEVER, SOME PEOPLE FIND THE CRAZIEST NAMES FOR PETS!

WHAT ARE YOUR PET'S NAMES AND WHY DID YOU NAME THEM THAT PARTICULAR NAME? DO YOU TEND TO NAME THEM PEOPLE NAMES?

WHAT ARE SOME OF THE CRAZIEST PET NAMES YOU'VE HEARD OR USED?

51298985_2002430756507396_7241068531796672512_n.jpg

Way back when I was in single figures I had a terrapin I called Troy. Then came Rupert the golden lab, about the same time time a malnourished mixed breed wee dog turned up in our garden still with rope around her neck she'd broken free from somewhere. After many attempts we found she would answer to the name Sheila.

Much later I had a stick insect I called Slartibartfast.

I wish you didn't ask but here I go.Cats,Salem(pictured),Highway,Pepe,Clover.Dogs,Marley,Brown,Pearl,Shady,Tilly,Ted,Frosty,Jax,Hurley,Bubba.Also have ferrets and chikens unnamed.Highway was found as a kitten in the middle of a highway.Bubba the pit cross is a sook.Frosty loves cold weather.Shady is a bit shifty.Hurley used to hurl herself at you as a pup.Pepe stinks,as in 'le pew'.Others are named after different characters.Believe me, its a full time job caring for them,but a labour of love.I had a dingo cross cattle dog named Psycho,he was too crazy and dangerous to keep but luckily a country fencing bloke took him and guarded the bloke on remote properties he worked on.

Last edited:
We had a betta named Marshall. Because we were listening to Eminem when he came home

Reactions: garnetsilver
PET NAMES ARE ALWAYS DIFFICULT FOR ME. I SIT AND WAIT FOR THE ANIMAL TO SHOW ME WHO HE/SHE REALLY IS AND WHISPER THEIR NAME TO ME.

HOWEVER, SOME PEOPLE FIND THE CRAZIEST NAMES FOR PETS!

WHAT ARE YOUR PET'S NAMES AND WHY DID YOU NAME THEM THAT PARTICULAR NAME? DO YOU TEND TO NAME THEM PEOPLE NAMES?

WHAT ARE SOME OF THE CRAZIEST PET NAMES YOU'VE HEARD OR USED?

51298985_2002430756507396_7241068531796672512_n.jpg
my pet name..
my owl name ketupi
my turtle name (gold,black,mr serious)
my cat name (ola, angelo,angel,mr uncle)
my fish name is (cici and lala)

hahaha...i used to call my cat mr.uncle...becouse he slow and sleep and relex always infront my door.

I wish you didn't ask but here I go.Cats,Salem(pictured),Highway,Pepe,Clover.Dogs,Marley,Brown,Pearl,Shady,Tilly,Ted,Frosty,Jax,Hurley,Bubba.Also have ferrets and chikens unnamed.Highway was found as a kitten in the middle of a highway.Bubba the pit cross is a sook.Frosty loves cold weather.Shady is a bit shifty.Hurley used to hurl herself at you as a pup.Pepe stinks,as in 'le pew'.Others are named after different characters.Believe me, its a full time job caring for them,but a labour of love.I had a dingo cross cattle dog named Psycho,he was too crazy and dangerous to keep but luckily a country fencing bloke took him and guarded the bloke on remote properties he worked on.

As kid I had a Pepe le Pew too.

Reactions: Lynne and ozentity
I used to name my female dogs after singers or girl bands - I used to have a Sheena (Easton’s) and a Vixen.

When I rescued a male dog, I tried to continue the singer naming convention but I also wanted something symbolic of who the puppy was. So I chose Sammy (Davis JR) because the puppy was small, black, and missing one eye.

I had two Chinchillas - named one Rocky (Rocket J. Squirrel) and when he died replaced him with Rocky 2 (after the Rocky series of movies).

We adopted a rescue dog last year; she was already named Button (Cute as a button). But when we got her home she started running through the house like crazy so I told my GF I wanted to rename her Zipper. Then I realized how weird her fur was - think the Grinch - so I told my GF I instead wanted to call her Velcro. She’s still called Button.

Reactions: ozentity