Pet names

Years ago I went into a shelter in New Mexico and found the perfect dog, well perfect for me. Even before I saw the dog I saw a pair of huge dog ears sticking up when I looked through the window. After my wife pointed out a few dogs to me we walked into another room and I saw those same big goofy ears come running up to me and attached to this little brownish red puppy who looked like a cross between a German Shepherd and a coyote. She ran straight up and jumped into my arms, and I knew I had found the right dog. The people who worked there like "Really? Are you sure you want that one?" Around the shelter she was known as a walking disaster area, hyper and clumsy at the same time and always getting in over her head. Being that I was in the southern New Mexico desert I decided to name her Trinity; after the nearby nuclear test site.

A few months later my wife found her perfect dog. He looked to be about 90% fur and was completely docile, he didn't run or jump or play. He just curled up next to my wife on whatever piece of furniture she happened to be sitting on. My wife thought he was part American Eskimo given his size and fur but we didn't know what he was mixed with because his fur wasn't white but yellow. I suggested we name him Twinkie because he's sweet, yellow, fluffy and we don't know what he's made out of. My wife instead decided to name him Neapolitan, after the ice cream on account of his Eskimo heritage. However that quickly got shortened to just Neo.

So back in the year 2000 my wife and I got these two dogs which we named Trinity and Neo. Absolutely nobody believed us that we didn't intentionally name our dogs after characters in The Matrix.

I have a lot of pets over the years. I find they usually name themselves. My Lola is a diva. My horses name is Summers Frozen Assets (horses all seem to have long names ). Although she is named after her parents it is very appropriate because she has a lot of my money frozen in her upkeep lol.

Stevedog :)
Lynne :p
Most of my dogs and cats were spur-of-the-moment decisions. Reggie was a mutt that I found in a vacant lot that was turned into a junkyard. It was in Midtown Gary Indiana on Jackson Street. The house that the Jackson 5 grew up in was near by. So I looked at the signs and named the dog Reggie after one of my favorite baseball players. The young dog was a cold, greasy, dirty mess.
Reggie needed 3 baths before we could go to the vet. Later that afternoon the vet informed me that Reggie was a girl.:p

Having spent four hours being named Reggie, I thought it a confusing shame to ever change her name.:)

Stevedog :)
Lynne :p
Most of my dogs and cats were spur-of-the-moment decisions. Reggie was a mutt that I found in a vacant lot that was turned into a junkyard. It was in Midtown Gary Indiana on Jackson Street. The house that the Jackson 5 grew up in was near by. So I looked at the signs and named the dog Reggie after one of my favorite baseball players. The young dog was a cold, greasy, dirty mess.
Reggie needed 3 baths before we could go to the vet. Later that afternoon the vet informed me that Reggie was a girl.:p

Having spent four hours being named Reggie, I thought it a confusing shame to ever change her name.:)
After being rescued I’m sure she didn’t mind