Part of the PNF "Learn a New Word" Program

ubiquitous-being or seeming to be in many places at the same time. I had a history teacher in junior college who used that word nearly every day.It is burned into my cerebral cortex

First, I would not have expected the “si-Lee” sound. Second, can you use that word in an intelligible sentence?
I can do -tropic but not -tropism unless the sentence is..."Selenotropism is a jacked-up word.".

Reactions: WitchAndShaman
Unimaginatively has lots of vowels—eight in total, if you count the final y. What’s neat about this word is that its vowels and consonants alternate. It’s not the longest word with alternating consonants and vowels, though. That position is held by honorificabilitudinitatibus, a twenty-seven-letter way of saying “with honorableness.”
“Honorificabilitudinitatibus Sesquipedalianism” is an anagram for the name of a little known Harry Potter character.

Not necessarily new words, but Mrs Duke and I will sometimes confuse each other by reverting to "professional speak" from our medical and engineering backgrounds. I usually do this verbally, she will do it in writing using abbreviations and symbology used in medical records/notes.

She asked me the other day to peel and slice potatoes for her to make potatoes au gratin. I asked her if she wanted them sliced perpendicular to the longitudinal axis of the potatoes. She gave me that look.....

Kerfuffle

noun
INFORMAL•BRITISH

1. a commotion or fuss, especially one caused by conflicting views.
    "there was a kerfuffle over the chairmanship"
often used in a particular u.k tv show Little Britian

Reactions: GoneWestUtah