Part of the PNF "Learn a New Word" Program

J, what the hell is the pronunciation of that word?! Is that vaaaaaz?
well the u.k pronunciation is vAHz and standard American is v-ace. I'm a fancy pants so I say vahz because it sounds nicer to me and I'm around a lot of Europeans so whenever I would say v-ace, everyone acted like I farted in church.

Reactions: WitchAndShaman
My plants have selenotropism.
aha!Well , A tropism is a growth movement whose direction is determined by the direction of something, and seleno, is shaped like or relating to the moon, So there ya go!
Wait! isn't Seleno tropism that singer who used to be BFF with Taylor Swift?

Strengths has only nine letters, but all except one of them are consonants! This earns the word a Guinness World Record. It is also one of the longest monosyllabic words of the English language
A Roman Emperor who was full of himself

Strengths has only nine letters, but all except one of them are consonants! This earns the word a Guinness World Record. It is also one of the longest monosyllabic words of the English language.

Reactions: Lynne
If you tsktsk someone, you indicate your disapproval by the tsktsk sound or by some other means. Tsktsks is the longest word that doesn’t contain a vowel.

the tendency to use long words—sesquipedalianism.

Unimaginatively has lots of vowels—eight in total, if you count the final y. What’s neat about this word is that its vowels and consonants alternate. It’s not the longest word with alternating consonants and vowels, though. That position is held by honorificabilitudinitatibus, a twenty-seven-letter way of saying “with honorableness.”