Overload of Evil

I'm not going to get into talk or critism of religions.What I've been thinking is about is why some priests and higher up people in this have been commiting what I consider evil crimes,as has come to light in Australia recently.I've always thought why?.I don't know how it works but could the culmination of confessions listened to by these people actually become an evil entity or force that has taken over what we thought were the most trustworthy and decent human beings in our community.
I think Priests and other religious leaders fall into corruption because they are just human. There is corruption in most large organizations. I don’t think religion is any different. It definitely feels more painful when we discover the betrayal. We hold them to a very high standard but in the end they are human and fall into sin like anyone else could.

I think Priests and other religious leaders fall into corruption because they are just human. There is corruption in most large organizations. I don’t think religion is any different. It definitely feels more painful when we discover the betrayal. We hold them to a very high standard but in the end they are human and fall into sin like anyone else could.
It just seems like there is a higher % of those type of offences amongst Priests than the general population,but that might be because it is brought out publically more.

It just seems like there is a higher % of those type of offences amongst Priests than the general population,but that might be because it is brought out publically more.
I have a faith perspective on it. If you were the devil or whatever anti-God name you give negative beings, getting to the clergy of any positive God fearing faith would be the way to cause the most damage. It is a strangedy of evil. This is JUST MY OPINION, for those who are not of the faith.

I have a faith perspective on it. If you were the devil or whatever anti-God name you give negative beings, getting to the clergy of any positive God fearing faith would be the way to cause the most damage. It is a strangedy of evil. This is JUST MY OPINION, for those who are not of the faith.
If priests got into the church for this reason it really sounds like they are trying to undermine the church and is true evil.Sometimes I think its just a ying yang in that they are so good it must be balanced out with very bad deeds.

Well they no doubt start out with good intentions and as humans do sometimes get involved in sin which opens the door to oppression and possession. Then they are influenced by evil. Please note I am referencing the types of situations we are discussing only. I believe most clergy are good God fearing men.
If priests got into the church for this reason it really sounds like they are trying to undermine the church and is true evil.Sometimes I think its just a ying yang in that they are so good it must be balanced out with very bad deeds.

Reactions: ozentity