Ouija Board

Back in the 70s when I was a teen it was looked at like a game. It still is but we had a lot less access to information on the paranormal. I knew nothing and was just playing along with friends. I had poltergeist activity in my bedroom for years after. I didn’t make the connection for years. I hated being alone in there. It was a torture of fear and I had no one to help with it. We didn’t know about smudging or house cleaning. There wouldn’t have been a place to buy sage that I was aware of. We lived out in the country and had little knowledge of that stuff. I wonder if that room is still effected. My parents moved from there about thirty years ago. The activity faded out after a while but I never felt comfortable in that room.

I have never used one and don't plan on ever trying it out, don't know if they really work or not but figure why tempt the other side if they do work...
Now that being said, I do find it interesting that nat geo. Did a series of tests where all participants used a ouija board normally with the expected results, then they were blindfolded and the board spun around, under these sessions not one time did it work....... I'm sure some of you saw this episode of national geographic, what are you alls thoughts on this type " test ".

Reactions: Lynne and TonyM
I have never used one and don't plan on ever trying it out, don't know if they really work or not but figure why tempt the other side if they do work...
Now that being said, I do find it interesting that nat geo. Did a series of tests where all participants used a ouija board normally with the expected results, then they were blindfolded and the board spun around, under these sessions not one time did it work....... I'm sure some of you saw this episode of national geographic, what are you alls thoughts on this type " test ".
Did not see the test so I really can't make a judgement on it. The fact is, one person is always seeing the board "upside down". If the entitity is not connecting with the board, but the person's mind directly and not using a visual reference other than what is in that person's mind, the board would read wrong.

Reactions: Lynne
Interesting expiroment. If the spirit is using the person in a medium type situation perhaps they’re using their eyes as well as their hands? I’ve witnessed some scary stuff using the board so I have no doubt but someone who has not would readily come to the conclusion after that expiroment that it’s all fake.

Reactions: Aces
Hey Paulm you need an avatar or a pic so we can recognize you.

Interesting expiroment. If the spirit is using the person in a medium type situation perhaps they’re using their eyes as well as their hands? I’ve witnessed some scary stuff using the board so I have no doubt but someone who has not would readily come to the conclusion after that expiroment that it’s all fake.
The planchette doesn’t move on it’s own. If it does move with nobody’s hands on it, then you got a real s**tstorm in your hands.

The way it works is the spirits take control of the hands on the planchette. The strange thing is everyone’s hands move at once, with almost no delay, so it always feels like someone else is moving it. That’s why in tests where many sheets of thick paper were bound and stacked on top of the planchette, the paper stack leaned toward the next letter, indicating that the fingers were responsible for moving it, not the spirit directly manipulating the planchette.

Reactions: Debi and Lynne