Once it was cool....

Hey, I passed out with the first ear piercing....while I was on the ground my friend told the jeweler doing it, finish the other one before she wakes up! lol
Now that’s a good friend.

Reactions: Benway
Members Only jackets

Probably for the best.

The first time Mrs Duke went to Ireland with me, we ate lunch one day in a small, in the middle of nowhere pub. Mrs Duke asked if she could get a napkin, and the elderly lady serving us looked shocked before pointing her to the ladies toilet.
Oh too funny.

This might help us Americans get a better understanding lol
12 American Words That Have A Totally Different Meaning In Britain
A useful list. The friend I visited in New Mexico - her boss was called Randy Dicks. I nearly suffocated laughing when she told me, while everyone else was baffled. She was just relieved that she finally had someone around who understood why she had such a hard time keeping a straight face at work.

Does this work both ways? Do you all find some of our phrases unintentionally alarming/ funny or do we just have a lot more words for rude things?

Reactions: Lynne and ozentity
A useful list. The friend I visited in New Mexico - her boss was called Randy Dicks. I nearly suffocated laughing when she told me, while everyone else was baffled. She was just relieved that she finally had someone around who understood why she had such a hard time keeping a straight face at work.

Does this work both ways? Do you all find some of our phrases unintentionally alarming/ funny or do we just have a lot more words for rude things?
My vote is the latter! lol Although you have some far different words we've never heard before. They never made the American lexicon.

Reactions: ozentity and Benway
My vote is the latter! lol Although you have some far different words we've never heard before. They never made the American lexicon.
That would work both ways, but with the international success of American films and now the internet we tend to get introduced to your words early, so we have those too.

That would work both ways, but with the international success of American films and now the internet we tend to get introduced to your words early, so we have those too.
You guys appear to use a lot more, ahem..."interesting" language on a normal basis over there. ;)

Reactions: Benway