Near Death Experience

Herbal Jaguar

Reaction score
Hello PF,

8 years ago I had a near death experience. I have had multiple since then but this is an experience I wanted to share. It was my very first time getting high and I was all alone.

I was younger, and dumber first off. This was a huge learning lesson for me. Cannabis has been illegal for far too long in the USA. It's an immoral prohibition. I ignorantly assumed that because synthetic cannabis was legal, it must be safer than normal cannabis (facepalm I know). I was naive and assumed the government actually cared about people's safety. I couldn't have been more wrong.

I rolled up a cigarette of the chemically sprayed herbs and lit up. It was called Head Trip and the packaging had a skull on the front right next to the not for human consumption written on the front. But it was sold for human consumption? Everyone knew that? A warning I should have listened to. But I just bought it at the gas station, the clerk didn't even ask for id which is good because I was too young for one.

1.jpg

I inhale and hold it in. Take another drag. And another. I have no clue how many hits I took, but it burned very fast and I smoked it very fast. Talking maybe 90 seconds or less. I instantly feel a big wave of hypertension.

I stand up and I can't recall my name. I can't recall what I was just doing... All I can remember is I just smoked something. And now I am really f*cked up. I feel like I am in a dream. Nothing feels real. Reality is breaking apart. My decision making obviously impaired. My brain obviously frying. I am thoroughly freaked out I can't remember my name and I'm less than a minute into my "trip". I decide I have to kill myself to wake myself up and I must be in a coma. I have to be in a coma. I start down the stairs to find a kitchen knife to cut my arteries. But on the way down the stairs, I forgot what I was doing. Suddenly the only thing that was real was my heart rate. The tunnel vision growing blacker. I have the sense enough to know my heart shouldn't be going this fast and that I am about to faint. I take my beats per minute with my watch. I'm over 250 bpm.... Closer to 300... I feel myself getting dizzy.... The lights are going out. I can feel myself getting weaker, getting heavier, getting faint. There was no time to panic. No time for fear. I feel the cold hard tile beneath my feet and move quickly to the carpet before... BAM.... Darkness..... Stillness... Silence... Am I dead?

After what was only a quick moment it felt like but it could've been a while, I open my eyes on the carpet, I feel my lungs inhaling and exhaling. I feel the carpet against my face, against my body. It felt kind of good. I can breathe but my muscles are so weak. I feel so incredibly heavy. I begin to hallucinate after coming to. Visions of Bart Simpson beating me with a skateboard. Voices talking to me in my head, a voice of a child repeating "hey... It's Carl.." Calmly. (Never knew a Carl) this genuinely freaked me out and I remembered that voice vividly for a long time afterwards. I feel my mind begin to wander from my body. I begin to have more visions. A Great Wall stretching horizon to horizon and I am looking up at it. Suddenly I am transported again to a front lawn of a house. Again I am transported but this time to a more astral plane.... Just blackness... Again I snap back to myself. I pray for strength for help. I pray to God, I pray to Jesus, in my mind. I could feel something listening I don't know what. I said I am not ready. I'm not ready to die. I'm tearing up thinking about that moment. I had a lot of fight left in me so I kept fighting.

That's when I believe my organs began shutting down. Vomit erupts without much warning. Lying face down in my vomit I have a surge of adrenaline, my brain lights up as I realize my oxygen is limited. I crawl forward with my elbows with all my might. I was so weak. But I wanted oxygen so bad. I start to hallucinate again. This time I am looking down at myself in 3rd person. I keep vomiting. Keep crawling. I can feel the carpet but it's getting less and less "real" as I look down at myself crawling. I go back to blackness but still conscious. I am in my mind. I can see the neurons firing. I can feel my body fighting. I felt every cell of my body fighting to hold on. Fighting to not let the cascading reaction that leads to death. I see myself in "predator vision" ( like alien vs predator). Every bone I can see. Every muscle I can see. Every blood vessel, nerve, tendon I can see it individually and look at each one at my will. I see a serpent inside of my esophagus. A snake is crawling out of my throat. I am choking again. Vomiting but this vision of a serpent is coming out not the bile I was actually vomiting. I see the serpent leave my throat and it wiggles away and disappears. I crawl forward again out of the new pools of vomit. I was vomiting different colors of bile. Orange, red, brown, green. Probably from my liver and kidneys paying the price for the poison in my veins. Blackness.....

I awake... The voices have stopped. The visions have stopped.... I am so weak. So so weak. My body feels weird. Still tripping..... Hurting.... Can't move... Need oxygen... Getting weaker.... I ask for death. I am done. I cry thinking of my family. Visions of my mom finding me dead in a pile of my vomit in the living room alone. F*ck. I f*cked up. Is this the end now? I have been hurting for so long. Hours alone on the floor. I am so scared and so weak. I just want escape. I fear I am in a coma again. This is it. I will be stuck a vegetable. My mind alive. My body dead. Because of me. I ask for death again instead of a coma. I beg for death. Release me. Take me into your arms god. But nothing.... I am alone. Blackness......

I awake. I open my eyes. I am alive..... The sun is going down..... How long have I been here? Hours? Days? Time seemed too far to understand. I felt so tired but I just woke up. My bones hurt from lying awkwardly. I crawl up the stairs to my bed. It must've been over 6 hours easily I was on the floor. Sleep. My bed feels nice. It's so comfortable. I feel warmth. A comforting buzz. I drift off to sleep....

I awake to a voice. It's my stepdad. "Hey where are the car keys" he asked. I can't answer. I can't make my brain form sentences correctly. Oh god am I brain damaged? All I know is am too tired to talk. I go back to sleep speaking nonsense.

I sleep another half day. Over 13 hours. I awake and realize what happened to me. I can speak...

For about 6 months to a year l had what I would call "spikes" or flashbacks where I would feel like I'm tripping again one the synthetic cannabis. Sometimes only for a few seconds. It would change my perception of time, so those seconds would feel very long.

I posted this so people would know the dangers of designer drugs. This was one of my first near death experiences. Luckily I was never so dumb again. I realized I need to do my own research about what I put I to my body and the FDA does NOT care about our health only our money.

Hello PF,

8 years ago I had a near death experience. I have had multiple since then but this is an experience I wanted to share. It was my very first time getting high and I was all alone.

I was younger, and dumber first off. This was a huge learning lesson for me. Cannabis has been illegal for far too long in the USA. It's an immoral prohibition. I ignorantly assumed that because synthetic cannabis was legal, it must be safer than normal cannabis (facepalm I know). I was naive and assumed the government actually cared about people's safety. I couldn't have been more wrong.

I rolled up a cigarette of the chemically sprayed herbs and lit up. It was called Head Trip and the packaging had a skull on the front right next to the not for human consumption written on the front. But it was sold for human consumption? Everyone knew that? A warning I should have listened to. But I just bought it at the gas station, the clerk didn't even ask for id which is good because I was too young for one.

1.jpg

I inhale and hold it in. Take another drag. And another. I have no clue how many hits I took, but it burned very fast and I smoked it very fast. Talking maybe 90 seconds or less. I instantly feel a big wave of hypertension.

I stand up and I can't recall my name. I can't recall what I was just doing... All I can remember is I just smoked something. And now I am really f*cked up. I feel like I am in a dream. Nothing feels real. Reality is breaking apart. My decision making obviously impaired. My brain obviously frying. I am thoroughly freaked out I can't remember my name and I'm less than a minute into my "trip". I decide I have to kill myself to wake myself up and I must be in a coma. I have to be in a coma. I start down the stairs to find a kitchen knife to cut my arteries. But on the way down the stairs, I forgot what I was doing. Suddenly the only thing that was real was my heart rate. The tunnel vision growing blacker. I have the sense enough to know my heart shouldn't be going this fast and that I am about to faint. I take my beats per minute with my watch. I'm over 250 bpm.... Closer to 300... I feel myself getting dizzy.... The lights are going out. I can feel myself getting weaker, getting heavier, getting faint. There was no time to panic. No time for fear. I feel the cold hard tile beneath my feet and move quickly to the carpet before... BAM.... Darkness..... Stillness... Silence... Am I dead?

After what was only a quick moment it felt like but it could've been a while, I open my eyes on the carpet, I feel my lungs inhaling and exhaling. I feel the carpet against my face, against my body. It felt kind of good. I can breathe but my muscles are so weak. I feel so incredibly heavy. I begin to hallucinate after coming to. Visions of Bart Simpson beating me with a skateboard. Voices talking to me in my head, a voice of a child repeating "hey... It's Carl.." Calmly. (Never knew a Carl) this genuinely freaked me out and I remembered that voice vividly for a long time afterwards. I feel my mind begin to wander from my body. I begin to have more visions. A Great Wall stretching horizon to horizon and I am looking up at it. Suddenly I am transported again to a front lawn of a house. Again I am transported but this time to a more astral plane.... Just blackness... Again I snap back to myself. I pray for strength for help. I pray to God, I pray to Jesus, in my mind. I could feel something listening I don't know what. I said I am not ready. I'm not ready to die. I'm tearing up thinking about that moment. I had a lot of fight left in me so I kept fighting.

That's when I believe my organs began shutting down. Vomit erupts without much warning. Lying face down in my vomit I have a surge of adrenaline, my brain lights up as I realize my oxygen is limited. I crawl forward with my elbows with all my might. I was so weak. But I wanted oxygen so bad. I start to hallucinate again. This time I am looking down at myself in 3rd person. I keep vomiting. Keep crawling. I can feel the carpet but it's getting less and less "real" as I look down at myself crawling. I go back to blackness but still conscious. I am in my mind. I can see the neurons firing. I can feel my body fighting. I felt every cell of my body fighting to hold on. Fighting to not let the cascading reaction that leads to death. I see myself in "predator vision" ( like alien vs predator). Every bone I can see. Every muscle I can see. Every blood vessel, nerve, tendon I can see it individually and look at each one at my will. I see a serpent inside of my esophagus. A snake is crawling out of my throat. I am choking again. Vomiting but this vision of a serpent is coming out not the bile I was actually vomiting. I see the serpent leave my throat and it wiggles away and disappears. I crawl forward again out of the new pools of vomit. I was vomiting different colors of bile. Orange, red, brown, green. Probably from my liver and kidneys paying the price for the poison in my veins. Blackness.....

I awake... The voices have stopped. The visions have stopped.... I am so weak. So so weak. My body feels weird. Still tripping..... Hurting.... Can't move... Need oxygen... Getting weaker.... I ask for death. I am done. I cry thinking of my family. Visions of my mom finding me dead in a pile of my vomit in the living room alone. F*ck. I f*cked up. Is this the end now? I have been hurting for so long. Hours alone on the floor. I am so scared and so weak. I just want escape. I fear I am in a coma again. This is it. I will be stuck a vegetable. My mind alive. My body dead. Because of me. I ask for death again instead of a coma. I beg for death. Release me. Take me into your arms god. But nothing.... I am alone. Blackness......

I awake. I open my eyes. I am alive..... The sun is going down..... How long have I been here? Hours? Days? Time seemed too far to understand. I felt so tired but I just woke up. My bones hurt from lying awkwardly. I crawl up the stairs to my bed. It must've been over 6 hours easily I was on the floor. Sleep. My bed feels nice. It's so comfortable. I feel warmth. A comforting buzz. I drift off to sleep....

I awake to a voice. It's my stepdad. "Hey where are the car keys" he asked. I can't answer. I can't make my brain form sentences correctly. Oh god am I brain damaged? All I know is am too tired to talk. I go back to sleep speaking nonsense.

I sleep another half day. Over 13 hours. I awake and realize what happened to me. I can speak...

For about 6 months to a year l had what I would call "spikes" or flashbacks where I would feel like I'm tripping again one the synthetic cannabis. Sometimes only for a few seconds. It would change my perception of time, so those seconds would feel very long.

I posted this so people would know the dangers of designer drugs. This was one of my first near death experiences. Luckily I was never so dumb again. I realized I need to do my own research about what I put I to my body and the FDA does NOT care about our health only our money.
Yikes ! The moral :. It pays to read labels ?

Yikes ! The moral :. It pays to read labels ?
Something like that. It was designed to be smoked. Moral for me is I trust my local botanist more than chinese scientists and their jwh series compounds and to research the truth and not just take the government's or someone else's word.

Designer drugs are increasing in popularity and fatalities. K2, jwh, bath salts, GHB, 2ci, 2cb. People think they're not as bad because they're not illegal.

Reactions: Charleh
Something like that. It was designed to be smoked. Moral for me is I trust my local botanist more than chinese scientists and their jwh series compounds and to research the truth and not just take the government's or someone else's word.

Designer drugs are increasing in popularity and fatalities. K2, jwh, bath salts, GHB, 2ci, 2cb. People think they're not as bad because they're not illegal.
They aren’t Chinese scientists. Well maybe the people that manufacture it but if it’s K2 we’re talking about, which is usually the case, it was designed by the CIA as a chemical weapon to get enemy troops too stoned to fight so capture is easier. I think the reason it’s FDA approved is because if they condemned it, that would be yet another skeleton in the CIA’s closet.

Don’t smoke chemical weapons man!

The places people are buying this stuff like the jwh series are chinese websites synthesized by Chinese. It was first discovered by an American. There are hundreds of jwh series. When they made jwh 18 illegal they started spraying with jwh 67, 113, etc. everytime one is made illegal 2 or 3 replace it.

Each one is unique in it's potency and effects on the body. It's also extremely addictive and can destroy your cannabinoid receptors.

What do you guys think of the serpent? Just a hallucination? I felt like it was truth/knowledge/information/important. Symbolic of poison? Symbolic of a healer? The serpent can represent a healer/medicine in some cultures in others it's representive of demons or deception. So what does that mean as it's coming out of my throat as bile?

What do you guys think of the serpent? Just a hallucination? I felt like it was truth/knowledge/information/important. Symbolic of poison? Symbolic of a healer? The serpent can represent a healer/medicine in some cultures in others it's representive of demons or deception. So what does that mean as it's coming out of my throat as bile?
I don’t think you can give any merit of what you saw simply because you were on an experimental drug that doesn’t have much documentation on its effect on the mind and body. So I’d call it no more than a bad trip. I might call this a vision or premonition with an interesting dose of imagery that could mean something, if this was what you saw taking something like LSD, DMT or Ayahuasca, all well documented and actually regarded as medicines by some.

The pic on the thing decided to show up. 10MG. That sounds like a LOT of something, whatever it was :eek:

Reactions: Herbal Jaguar
First thank you for telling a difficult and very personal testimony. That had to be a terrible time and your suffering was great. Sorry you had to expierence that. It seems you learned a true life lesson from it though. Sharing helps others.

As for the snake. It is often used as a symbol for the body’s energy system the con-doo-lini (spelled how it sounds ). When people meditate they move energy and breath through energetic areas of the body called chakras. I won’t pretend to know much about this but it is interesting that you pictured a snake leaving your body which could have been your life force.

I might add that a snake in Shamaniam is a sign for death and rebirth. A snake sheds its skin and has a new body.

In Christianity it represents the devil and evil. Perhaps the snake leaving your body was the evil influence.

All of the above might apply. It’s a deep symbolism and only you know what it means. If anything.

Last edited: