Name one of your guilty pleasure mystical or paranormal movies...

Doctor strange... yeah I know, a filler movie for the franchise but not bad as a stand alone story....and mystical....lol.
I have a strong fascination with fate, destiny and how it works with free will, so any movie along those lines I have to see... an example (albeit a kinda cheesy one) would be Serendipity..... which, I just used that word in a post the other day...hmmmm.... now you got me wondering.
anyways, those would be the type movies along those lines I try to catch.

Japanese monster movies in general, but the Gamera movies in particular. What's not to love with a giant turtle with jets up his tuchus who is the friend of all children?

Japanese monster movies in general, but the Gamera movies in particular. What's not to love with a giant turtle with jets up his tuchus who is the friend of all children?
Had to giggle at this reply....lol

OK, is anybody going to see "It" this weekend? Anybody see part one? You could not drag me into the theater for this one

Guilty Pleasure?
The Good Witch, both the movies and tv series on Hallmark Channel. I adore happy endings!

Reactions: Paulm

Yah. That turtle has some awesome fangs too Duke.

Doctor strange... yeah I know, a filler movie for the franchise but not bad as a stand alone story....and mystical....lol.
I have a strong fascination with fate, destiny and how it works with free will, so any movie along those lines I have to see... an example (albeit a kinda cheesy one) would be Serendipity..... which, I just used that word in a post the other day...hmmmm.... now you got me wondering.
anyways, those would be the type movies along those lines I try to catch.

I’m right there with you Paul. And in the movie that bastard had the most badass costume. All denim sari and flowing tapestry cape. If he’d have sung anything during the movie, I’d have labeled him a Von Trapp.

I want that outfit man!

Last edited:
Reactions: Benway and Paulm
Guilty Pleasure?
The Good Witch, both the movies and tv series on Hallmark Channel. I adore happy endings!

ElliO - like Pokémon, I have to catch them all too. Love that show.

My GF hates when my phone rings in public because my ringtone is...theme to “The Good Witch.” Most people don’t know the tune so some will ask what it is. Nothing like being outed by your ringtone. Of course, my instant message tone is the nose twitch sound from Bewitched too.

Sorry J, in case you're reading this as The a Good Witch theme replaced my Buffy theme ringtone. Needed more subtlety in my life. :)

Reactions: Lynne and ElliO
Lord of the Rings is my guilty pleasure - books and movies alike!

Mr. NH, another good one. You strike me as someone who would enjoy then Camel’s Mirage album from the 70’s. The entire album is a tribute to LotR. Many songs on that album are good but I especially like the ethereal sound of White Rider.