My thrid weird experience.

L.S.

Reaction score
Continuing to chronicle my weird experiences throughout my life we arrive at my third experience. This happened in my late 20's, I had been married to my second wife now for a couple years. We were living in a duplex in Inglewood , CA just a block from LAX where I worked for Delta Airlines. It was a small 1 bed, 1 bath and the kitchen and living room were almost the same room and no back door. Well one day we left for the a good part of the day to spend our days off together doing errands and not sitting around the apartment moping about how broke we were. We returned to our apartment in the late afternoon, upon entering something immediately caught our eyes. Sitting on top of our TV was a railroad spike with a small train on it, the train ran the length of the spike and was about the same diameter as a pencil. We didn't own such an item and we didn't put anything on the TV. We took it and showed the landlord but she know nothing of it, we asked friends and family and again no one knew of it. We kept it for many years after that, but downsizing and packing to move across country we decided to get rid of it, I don't remember if we sold it at a yard sale or gave it to a thrift store. Definitely a mystery of how it ended up on our TV.

Continuing to chronicle my weird experiences throughout my life we arrive at my third experience. This happened in my late 20's, I had been married to my second wife now for a couple years. We were living in a duplex in Inglewood , CA just a block from LAX where I worked for Delta Airlines. It was a small 1 bed, 1 bath and the kitchen and living room were almost the same room and no back door. Well one day we left for the a good part of the day to spend our days off together doing errands and not sitting around the apartment moping about how broke we were. We returned to our apartment in the late afternoon, upon entering something immediately caught our eyes. Sitting on top of our TV was a railroad spike with a small train on it, the train ran the length of the spike and was about the same diameter as a pencil. We didn't own such an item and we didn't put anything on the TV. We took it and showed the landlord but she know nothing of it, we asked friends and family and again no one knew of it. We kept it for many years after that, but downsizing and packing to move across country we decided to get rid of it, I don't remember if we sold it at a yard sale or gave it to a thrift store. Definitely a mystery of how it ended up on our TV.

You probably already ruled in or out any suspect personal relationships. But I’ll ask still if you knew in the past anyone (family or friends) who either worked in the railroad industry or had a railroad-related hobby?

Reactions: Lynne
From your discription I’m not clear , was there two separate items on the tv? A train and a spike? Or was it a pic of a train on the spike ?

Sounds like an apport to me, unless you think someone had access to your apartment. Anyone else have a key?

An actual railroad spike with a miniature train mounted on it, if you Google "railroad spike with pewter train" it is exactly what was on the TV

You probably already ruled in or out any suspect personal relationships. But I’ll ask still if you knew in the past anyone (family or friends) who either worked in the railroad industry or had a railroad-related hobby?

My grandfather who died when I was a lot younger worked for the railroad for some years, but he lived in PA. As a kid every Christmas my dad would set up my model trains to run around the tree, but those were all sold way long before I was in my 20's

Reactions: ghostkind and Debi
My grandfather who died when I was a lot younger worked for the railroad for some years, but he lived in PA. As a kid every Christmas my dad would set up my model trains to run around the tree, but those were all sold way long before I was in my 20's
Well someone gave you a gift. Perhaps your grandfather knowing you’d make the association.

Reactions: Debi