My 2009 Texas near... sighting?

Tworivers71

Bigfoot Researcher
Reaction score
Ok, the place I'm going in 3 weeks (maybe) is where this occurred. The date; June 6th 2009. Time: Approximately 11pm. Conditions; A full or near full Texas summer moon, clear skies.

We were doing night ops.....we were approximately 2 miles or less, from where Scott, Mike and Donnie, were sitting in a ground turkey blind and they believe were harassed by 2-3 juvenile Sasquatches 4 years prior.

Scott and I were stationed on a dirt road about 200 yrds from the main gravel road. They had recently clear cut some of the trees behind us and some in front across the road from us. I was sitting in a collapsible chair (carried it on my back there) at the edge of the road facing N /NE, I think. Scott was sitting just next to me on my left. We were there about 2 hours or so. We were just sitting looking up the road and talking quietly. We were hearing movement behind us but was prolly a smallish critter. ( Will post more Texas Bigfoot experiences later)
Anyway, I was looking up the road, Scott and I hadn't said anything in several minutes.

Then, something about 60 yrds up the road, to the left side caught my attn.....I thought maybe it was Imagination so I didn't say anything to Scott. Then, about 2 minutes later "something".... made me mention it to Scott. I said, I think I saw something a while ago. Then, Scott quickly turned to me and said, "You Saw That TOO????" I said, what do you...see? He replied, what do you....see? I said, I could have sworn I some a gigantic right arm and torso and quadricep step into the road then, step back. He said "THATS WHAT I...SAW!!!" It appeared to me that whatever this was, was attempting to "ease" across the road but saw us down there and quietly stepped back. We went to where we thought about it was and saw no Impression, tracks in the road, Nothing.... We reminisced about that about a month ago.
He said that he'd been thinking on that and maybe.....it was stepping out a portal.....noticed us like "oh crap...Humans" then stepped back Lol. That theory is plausible....for sure. If that's indeed what...we saw. Thoughts??

Last edited:
I'm not a great believer in BF but I believe your story. I had an encounter with something big with red/brown shaggy hair years ago when pig hunting. I had three pit cross mastiff pig dogs, we were walking through a pine plantation when I spotted something through the trees. It was big and when the dogs smelled it they came back to me, frightened. These were experienced and tough hunting dogs, they would ignore feral red deer so countered that out. It may have been an escaped bear or lion but I doubt these dogs would have been scared of them either. I decided to go back because I didn't want to face anything that scared these dogs and was only armed with a knife. I don't know what it was but it had a foul smell.

Last edited:
I'm not a great believer in BF but I believe your story. I had an encounter with something big with red/brown shaggy hair years ago when pig hunting. I had three pit cross mastiff pig dogs, we were walking through a pine plantation when I spotted something through the trees. It was big and when the dogs smelled it they came back to me, frightened. These were experienced and tough hunting dogs, they would ignore feral red deer so countered that out. It may have been an escaped bear or lion but I doubt these dogs would have been scared of them either. I decided to go back because I didn't want to face anything that scared these dogs and was only armed with a knife. I don't know what it was but it had a foul smell.
And I believe your...story Ozentity. I will post more experiences in the coming weeks. Where may I ask do you live? State?Everything in your story certainly rings true of an encounter. Dogs seem to be very wary and downright terrified of these creatures. The smell. You had a genuine encounter Oz. No other creature does this. Trust me. As I stated in the post, my best friend and 2 others were harassed by them. They had sticks and small stones tossed at them for 3 hours! They had the "stink" put on them too! They were gagging...to the point of being in tears it was so bad they said.

And Thank you.

Last edited:
In my experience in this bigfoot Mystery, the deeper I look, the more questions arise. Especially, especially what happened to us in the Big Thicket in SE Texas in 2006! There are 3 or 4 incidents that I post post in the coming weeks. But this encounter (if you can call it that), also left open holes that have never been filled with answers.

For such an enormous creature, why was there not one....single impression left in the loose soil on the cut side of the road? Why was there no track left on the road itself? Granted, the dirt road was hard packed. Even still, we should have seen at least the foot shape with the toes being prominent. We did not. How do you explain both of us, seeing the same thing, at the same time with no physical evidence to back it up?? This is the danger, of falling deeper and deeper down the preverbal Rabbit hole.

Last edited:
I'm not a great believer in BF
i force myself to maintain a level of skepticism. prevents me from becoming one of the ones who think every fallen tree, or every sound in the forest is bigfoot. i do want to believe and have spent a LOT of time in the far to reach places looking for something. i would like to get proof, and retaining a level of skepticism is the only way that is going to be achieved, i often say to B.F groups, "show me the proof, i can list 1000 reasons why it does not exist, but so far no one can show one piece of proof that it does"....( thats the comment that got me uninvited to the last bigfoot conferance....lol.....). it may sound at first like im a complete non believer but its actually quite the opposite. it is just my way of staying "straight" or focused, for the search for answers. i dont believe they come through portals, or manipulate cameras, or can see or hear the trail cams, thus avoiding them, i dont believe they can disapear or "cloak". i think those are all scapegoats for the lack of proof. if you dont get proof it does not help to make excuses that are also unproven...... i think 90% of peoples encounters are mis identification or not knowing the sounds and wildlife of the given area. or just fear and paranoia of the dark in an unknown setting. but there are some stories that dont fit this and those are the ones that keep my belief going.

i force myself to maintain a level of skepticism. prevents me from becoming one of the ones who think every fallen tree, or every sound in the forest is bigfoot. i do want to believe and have spent a LOT of time in the far to reach places looking for something. i would like to get proof, and retaining a level of skepticism is the only way that is going to be achieved, i often say to B.F groups, "show me the proof, i can list 1000 reasons why it does not exist, but so far no one can show one piece of proof that it does"....( thats the comment that got me uninvited to the last bigfoot conferance....lol.....). it may sound at first like im a complete non believer but its actually quite the opposite. it is just my way of staying "straight" or focused, for the search for answers. i dont believe they come through portals, or manipulate cameras, or can see or hear the trail cams, thus avoiding them, i dont believe they can disapear or "cloak". i think those are all scapegoats for the lack of proof. if you dont get proof it does not help to make excuses that are also unproven...... i think 90% of peoples encounters are mis identification or not knowing the sounds and wildlife of the given area. or just fear and paranoia of the dark in an unknown setting. but there are some stories that dont fit this and those are the ones that keep my belief going.
Nicely stated, that's my approach to UFOs.

Where may I ask do you live? State?
I'm in NSW, the encounter was on the Western side of The Great Dividing Range. It is remote mountain country even though part of it is close to Sydney. I have quite a few stories of weird animal sightings from myself and others from here. I was in a place called Newnes forest near Lithgow. Huge area of pine plantation, you can't see more than 20ft in the young pine spots and that's where all the animals hide, deer, pigs, rabbits, feral cattle and lots more.

I'm in NSW, the encounter was on the Western side of The Great Dividing Range. It is remote mountain country even though part of it is close to Sydney. I have quite a few stories of weird animal sightings from myself and others from here. I was in a place called Newnes forest near Lithgow. Huge area of pine plantation, you can't see more than 20ft in the young pine spots and that's where all the animals hide, deer, pigs, rabbits, feral cattle and lots more.
Ahhhhh. You’re an Aussie! Nice! Then, you had a Yowie encounter! Fantastic. I would be more afraid of those big Red Kangaroos than a Yowie! Those big red Roos will beat you up and steal your wallet. Lol. I would love to experience Australia….

Ahhhhh. You’re an Aussie! Nice! Then, you had a Yowie encounter! Fantastic. I would be more afraid of those big Red Kangaroos than a Yowie! Those big red Roos will beat you up and steal your wallet. Lol. I would love to experience Australia….
Maybe, I will probably never know. Where I am we have Eastern Grey roos and yeah they can get big and dangerous at certain times. I've been attacked when ferreting rabbits and was saved by my little whippet who launched herself onto it's throat and scared it off. She got ripped badly and cost me over $500 at the vet. I've heard of big roos drowning multiple dogs in dams, one after the other. My whippet bailed one in a dam but she didn't go in. They're one of the friendliest Oz animals so if you come over I have warned you, lol.