Mufon Letter Grievances revealed

Leech wrote, "I have found that some Investigators are having extensive background checks run on witnesses when they submit a report. Some of these background checks are more than typical." He continued that, during what he termed random case checks, he found several with comments surrounding the findings, which included criminal backgrounds. In another instance, Leech asserted a report included a comprehensive list of medications used by a witness, along with potential side effects.

Oh dear!

That was enough for me.
I read a lot of the article but skimmed the rest after my eyes started bleeding. .no, for real this is so crappy. Who wants to report anything now? The list of what the background checks include is atrocious .

Reactions: Paulm
I reported a UFO sighting to the main investigation body in the UK, myself and a friend both watched a silver sphere move towards his house then make a sharp 90 degree turn and move off into the distance. I stated as much detail as possible to have an investigator come back to me saying I'd probably seen a plane.

I've never seen a silver sphere fly with no sound or means of propulsion, I have a degree in astronomy, a pilot's license and I'm a trained flight test observer so what do I know. I lost all interest in interacting with such bodies.

Reactions: Mokey and Paulm
I reported a UFO sighting to the main investigation body in the UK, myself and a friend both watched a silver sphere move towards his house then make a sharp 90 degree turn and move off into the distance. I stated as much detail as possible to have an investigator come back to me saying I'd probably seen a plane.

I've never seen a silver sphere fly with no sound or means of propulsion, I have a degree in astronomy, a pilot's license and I'm a trained flight test observer so what do I know. I lost all interest in interacting with such bodies.

Which UK organization did you contact? BUFORA?

Reactions: TonyM
wouldn't report anything unless im able to jack their ride....if I gotta deal with background checks, investigations, ridicule.....oh yeah, and those dudes in black, im gonna at least get a cool vehicle out of it.....lol.... in all seriousness though, I agree if true this could be the end for them.

Reactions: Mokey
Yep the very same

Several years ago I corresponded/talked with a couple of their guys about the Calvine sighting. They were sharper than any MUFON member I've dealt with. What was particularly impressive about them was they were willing to say those three words I've never heard from a MUFON toad, "I don't know."

Several years ago I corresponded/talked with a couple of their guys about the Calvine sighting. They were sharper than any MUFON member I've dealt with. What was particularly impressive about them was they were willing to say those three words I've never heard from a MUFON toad, "I don't know."

What I found so disappointing was being dismissed out of hand with a one sentence email. What's the point in even reporting such an incident, where's the investigation in that?

Reactions: Mokey and Duke
What I found so disappointing was being dismissed out of hand with a one sentence email. What's the point in even reporting such an incident, where's the investigation in that?
think it has to do with quality and quantity, 1 person sees "something", just a side note, 50 ppl report it it warrants a stick pin on a bourd, 500 ppl report it it gets an investigation.....mainly for time constraints versus man power.