Magazines

I was hooked on 'The Death of Superman' storylines. I collected every title and issue for about a year or two before I just quit. I held onto most all of them and they were in mint condition before they were unfortunately ruined by a rat that had unfortunately gotten into my storage room. Throwing them out was depressing.
I met a young man who ran a comic book store in the 90's. He had been collecting since he was 8 and had bought his first house with the sale of one of those comic books.

I met a young man who ran a comic book store in the 90's. He had been collecting since he was 8 and had bought his first house with the sale of one of those comic books.
Wow. I'm not sure if mine would have really been worth anything, but I'd think they were probably worth something given the condition alone.

BBC Wildlife magazine (bought off the shelf from WH Smith's newsagent's), Waterlife (about waterfowl - sent to me automatically due to membership of a wildfowl and wetland trust) and other wildlife mags whose titles I can't remember.... there's a definite theme there, haha!

I still see magazine sections in drug stores and gossip mags in supermarket checkout lines so somebody must be buying them.

Thanks Lynne, I wish everyone in the World had the same thoughts on this. I've been a devoted animal person since a kid and hate any form of cruelty. I also hate the trophy hunting people although I suppose I'm being hypocritical. I don't feel hunting introduced species is wrong if it is done humanely but even then I may have to answer for this when I pass. I always utilize the animal for food and fur as respect to the animals life.
Intent is everything in my opinion.

Reactions: ozentity and Duke
I was using a slide projector only the other week!
I miss our slide projector :( my parents got tired of hauling it around over the years and chucked it. They did not tell us they did. I would've hauled that stuff around a tad longer lol

Reactions: RoseRed
I miss our slide projector :( my parents got tired of hauling it around over the years and chucked it. They did not tell us they did. I would've hauled that stuff around a tad longer lol
Dad still has a ton of slides in various boxes around the house. I really miss the house I grew up in (to the point where I regularly dream about going back there) so I wanted to see if there were any photos of it amongst all the old slides. Eventually I persuaded Dad to get them all out a few weeks ago and we went through them. Sadly, there were no piccies of the house, but we did have a good laugh at all the 70s holiday photos and our clothes and decor...:D

Reactions: Selectric
Dad still has a ton of slides in various boxes around the house. I really miss the house I grew up in (to the point where I regularly dream about going back there) so I wanted to see if there were any photos of it amongst all the old slides. Eventually I persuaded Dad to get them all out a few weeks ago and we went through them. Sadly, there were no piccies of the house, but we did have a good laugh at all the 70s holiday photos and our clothes and decor...:D
I am in the same boat Rose. I at least up until recently dreamed of the house i grew up in. Many many memories there. Yes the 70's era clothes are quite funny. We had alot of photos of trips/vacations. Camping in New Hampshire, Niagra Falls, the crazy railroad bridge i believe in PA that is no longer there,etc.

Reactions: RoseRed
I still have one, I got it from my dad's estate along with a lot of slides. I plan someday to have the slides scanned onto a thumb drive.

Reactions: Selectric and Duke