Living on the Road

Debi

Owner/Admin
Staff
Reaction score

I'VE SEEN REPORTS THAT THE RV BUSINESS IS BOOMING. MANY PEOPLE ARE OPTING TO GIVE UP THEIR HOMES, OR PERHAPS CAN'T AFFORD THE CURRENT HOUSING PRICES, AND ARE LIVING "ON THE ROAD" AS AN ALTERNATIVE.
FULL DISCLOSURE, I DID THIS FOR A FEW MONTHS TO TRY IT OUT.
IS THIS SOMETHING YOU WOULD CONSIDER DOING?
WHY OR WHY NOT?
WHAT DO YOU THINK WOULD BE THE PERKS OF THIS KIND OF LIFESTYLE?

275078820_4991641110914519_2343937241318247021_n.jpg

i could do that. for me the biggest perk would be downsizing and being forced to give up all the useless crap im hanging on to, and due to size and weight constraints not being able to buy anymore useless crap too hang on to....lol.... while having a house to call "home base" is nice, i could probably be just as happy with a few acres and a camper or mobile home.

I would not want that lifestyle. I like my farm animals. Can’t take them on the road without a lot of expense and a planned stop. However if forced into it I would make the most of it. I do love travel but never had the ability to to do much.

I would do it if single, but not with a partner. It's far easier to live simply by oneself than if in a relationship. We have discussed it, but currently my wife's health is too poor to allow it, we need to stay close to her doctors.

I would do it if single, but not with a partner. It's far easier to live simply by oneself than if in a relationship. We have discussed it, but currently my wife's health is too poor to allow it, we need to stay close to her doctors.
Bingo! This is sooo true. As I said at the beginning of this post, I did this for a few months. Hubs wanted to sell everything and go on the road to live. I, being the one who likes a game plan, compromised and said we do not sell the home but we will try the RV full time for a few months to see what it's like.

Well, let me tell you....we had one HUGE Class A RV and I can tell you there is not an RV big enough for two people and two dogs to live full time and not want to kill each other. He loved it! I was out of my mind by the end of week one. I could give you a list of why I hated it so much, but it would take up too much space...lol

Mrs Duke's brother and his wife did this. They sold just about everything they owned, bought a smallish RV and headed west. They would stay in a place a month or so, then move on down the road. They got as far west as Arizona, then headed back east. This lasted about a year before they came back.

The way gas prices have been, i wonder how that'd impact such a choice. I'd love to travel, but like anytime traveling, i always tend to miss home. I can see the excitement wearing off after a period of time.

I would not want that lifestyle. I like my farm animals. Can’t take them on the road without a lot of expense and a planned stop. However if forced into it I would make the most of it. I do love travel but never had the ability to to do much.
The animals is another reason I couldn't do it even if I wanted to. I haven't had a holiday in 25 years but my lifestyle makes up for it.