Life/Stress/Covid Support thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
If you have school kids at home and want more school work for them. Try using “khan academy” it’s an app you can download it’s green and white. It has a lot of subjects for kindergarten to year 8. Also other subjects for above year 8. They are recommending it here but you can use it in any region and it supports many languages.

If you have school kids at home and want more school work for them. Try using “khan academy” it’s an app you can download it’s green and white. It has a lot of subjects for kindergarten to year 8. Also other subjects for above year 8. They are recommending it here but you can use it in any region and it supports many languages.

When my granddaughter's school shutdown last Thursday, the kids were sent home with a detailed, school-at-home package that included preprinted worksheets, assignments, and lesson plans for three weeks. The next day her teacher sent an email saying they are planning to prepare similar three week packages, and will do so if necessary for the rest of the school year.

Thanks, I'll pass this on to my daughter's who each have toddlers.

Reactions: Donna K. and Emma
I rode past this this morning, turned around and had to take a photo.
Its nice to see that my local bike shop is looking out for us.
I didn't have any cash with me today or I would have pedaled up to the
bike shop with its co-located beverage center.

Aid4Bicyclists.jpg

What you see in the bottom of the picture is one of the hard surface trails that I ride when the ground is wet.
It rained the last two days and is starting to dry out.

Well, I definitely have a virus. No way to know if it's that virus or not. I have the symptoms shared with flu and colds but no coughing attacks or trouble breathing. I'm stuck here though anyway and wondering if I have that to look forward to. No way do I have enough supplies to last a whole week either, as the shops were cleared out already when I went shopping. I went to the shops and all I got was this stupid virus!

Reactions: Donna K.
Well, I definitely have a virus. No way to know if it's that virus or not. I have the symptoms shared with flu and colds but no coughing attacks or trouble breathing. I'm stuck here though anyway and wondering if I have that to look forward to. No way do I have enough supplies to last a whole week either, as the shops were cleared out already when I went shopping. I went to the shops and all I got was this stupid virus!
Do you have people to help you if you do get in a bad way?
My kids had the flu last week and I thought I was thinking to much about this virus and gave myself a sore throat. We ended up having a small virus, I think also from going to the shops. I’m going to make an effort this week to visit every house in my street to see if there is anyone who is elderly that needs anything I hope so many others that are under 70 with no health issues can do the same.

When my granddaughter's school shutdown last Thursday, the kids were sent home with a detailed, school-at-home package that included preprinted worksheets, assignments, and lesson plans for three weeks. The next day her teacher sent an email saying they are planning to prepare similar three week packages, and will do so if necessary for the rest of the school year.
Thats great, sounds like they will be hard at work and good that the schools are on top of it. If the schools here close I hope they give out good homework and learning etc I don’t like seeing kids waste a lot of time on silly things it irritates me.

Do you have people to help you if you do get in a bad way?
My kids had the flu last week and I thought I was thinking to much about this virus and gave myself a sore throat. We ended up having a small virus, I think also from going to the shops. I’m going to make an effort this week to visit every house in my street to see if there is anyone who is elderly that needs anything I hope so many others that are under 70 with no health issues can do the same.
I'm not close to anyone who is.. well, actually close to me. On the upside, I live practically next to a huge hospital, so if the worst comes to the worst help is near. I'm still thinking about food.
I'm glad your family is better now. It's encouraging to be reminded that normal illnesses still happen. I guess I'll just keep toughing it out and if it gets worse, call for help (and worry) then. Hopefully it'll blow over.

Status
Not open for further replies.