Life/Stress/Covid Support thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Many families are having to make a lot of hard choices right now. We are having to make one here as well concerning my great nephew who lives here but also works at a nursing home. We are looking at he may have to leave that job and simply isolate with us to keep us safe. If any of you are having a hard time, or need to vent, please, feel free to let us know so we can offer support to you.
Wow, that is sobering to think about. I hope you can manage to get through this; I hope we all can, with our sanity and our resources intact.

Wow, that is sobering to think about. I hope you can manage to get through this; I hope we all can, with our sanity and our resources intact.
I have FAITH. We will, it's just we have to make some hard decisions at times like this. Gabe is OK with this, as he's only part time, but it's come down to a safety factor here in my county.

Reactions: Donna K.
I have FAITH. We will, it's just we have to make some hard decisions at times like this. Gabe is OK with this, as he's only part time, but it's come down to a safety factor here in my county.
I’m sure they will allow him back after the crisis. He may decide to go off to college or trade school at some point anyway.

I’m sure they will allow him back after the crisis. He may decide to go off to college or trade school at some point anyway.
We did take that step today and pull him off job. After a quick call to doc this morning, she advised us to total isolation protocol through her nurse. We will get through this and a better future will await him when this is over.

This is somewhat paranoia inducing for somebody who has an ongoing condition which makes me feel like I have flu most of the time anyway. Ah well, c'est la mort! My mum had planned the biggest visit yet and had rented a big house on the coast for me, my brother and his fiance to hang out in, but that's gone. Spain is locked down. No going out, and like a wise man once said, 'I ain't gettin' on no plane!' No refunds; no chance of rebooking.
Also, hoarders have cleared all the shops of nearly everything, so those of us without deep pockets and big cars are wandering from place to place hunting for stuff to eat other than luxury ready meals. Contrariwise, there are 0 cases in my county, so at least I can eat my overpriced little meal without my family, knowing that there is no virus here...
Here's to irony!
*takes a drink of a different drink, as my usual is all stockpiled elsewhere*

:) - All the best, people!

Last edited:
We did take that step today and pull him off job. After a quick call to doc this morning, she advised us to total isolation protocol through her nurse. We will get through this and a better future will await him when this is over.
I think the internet is going to be a blessing for a lot of people. Sending good thoughts your way!

Status
Not open for further replies.