Life/Stress/Covid Support thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I feel both very lucky and confused. Where I live the Coronavirus just isn't having a big impact. I personally don't know anyone that has had it and even my daughter who seems to know everyone only knows a couple that have had it and nobody she knows has died. From reports from other places, this is not the norm.

We probably have a higher than most percentage of our people vaccinated. Between a half dozen prisons and the main administrative office for the state and a big university that is a huge number that were STRONGLY encouraged to accept the vaccine. Once the older people and those with health problems were done they made it freely and widely available to everyone.

The prisons have a lot of control and if you are exposed you are isolated and fed in your cell until you have been healthy for two or three weeks. They are doing surprisingly well.

I went shopping today and only about a third of the people shopping are wearing a mask. I imagine that a lot of them are like me and have had both shots and a two-week waiting period for it to fully take effect. Honestly, with so few people having it there never were much more than half of the people wearing the mask. I probably only remembered mine about half the time even before I was immunized. It just has not hit us as hard as it has other people in other places. Any ideas WHY this might be???

I feel both very lucky and confused. Where I live the Coronavirus just isn't having a big impact. I personally don't know anyone that has had it and even my daughter who seems to know everyone only knows a couple that have had it and nobody she knows has died. From reports from other places, this is not the norm.

We probably have a higher than most percentage of our people vaccinated. Between a half dozen prisons and the main administrative office for the state and a big university that is a huge number that were STRONGLY encouraged to accept the vaccine. Once the older people and those with health problems were done they made it freely and widely available to everyone.

The prisons have a lot of control and if you are exposed you are isolated and fed in your cell until you have been healthy for two or three weeks. They are doing surprisingly well.

I went shopping today and only about a third of the people shopping are wearing a mask. I imagine that a lot of them are like me and have had both shots and a two-week waiting period for it to fully take effect. Honestly, with so few people having it there never were much more than half of the people wearing the mask. I probably only remembered mine about half the time even before I was immunized. It just has not hit us as hard as it has other people in other places. Any ideas WHY this might be???
Good question. I have no idea but it’s terrible here in MI. I wonder if the dry heat had something to do with killing it on surfaces. I know two people who have died personally and several who have passed by extended friendships. My daughter and several family members have had it and recovered. To learn there may be permanent DNA changes is terrifying.

• Sad
Reactions: Benway and Debi

This is from November. The prisons in most states were not releasing info to the public. All I can say is count yourself blessed and don't read the headlines about what is happening in India.

Last edited:
Reactions: Benway and Lynne
Holey Moley. If this is indeed the cause to long haulers, we need to stop worrying about a vax changing genes and worry about the virus itself doing it!

A great article. Thanks for sharing it. I notice that it has only seven ratings, but since the only options are things like 'happy' and 'entertained' and there is no option for 'interested' I suppose that makes sense.
For what it's worth, my breathing problems lasted about four or five months before I was fully recovered. It's good to know what was happening beyond 'the virus did it', which I sort of figured out myself!

Good question. I have no idea but it’s terrible here in MI. I wonder if the dry heat had something to do with killing it on surfaces. I know two people who have died personally and several who have passed by extended friendships. My daughter and several family members have had it and recovered. To learn there may be permanent DNA changes is terrifying.
I'm so sorry! I didn't know how bad it had been for you. The genetic damage may not be forever. I got better in the end.

Our prison managed to evade it for nearly a year, but when it did get in it was devastating and raised us to the second most infected place in the UK. Remember it can go for up to two weeks before symptoms show so in an enclosed place it can spread like wildfire before the first cough! It didn't just affect the prisoners, but the prison officers too. My prison officer friend infected his girlfriend and then one of her sons got it. Luckily we were still in lockdown so it didn't rage through the whole city.
If where you are has dodged this then count your blessings; you are all very lucky!

Just posted my vaccine status update over on

COVID-19 Information updates​

Closing this thread. For further support and info please transition to this one:

Just tap the link and it will take ya right over!

Status
Not open for further replies.