Life/Stress/Covid Support thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well now that so many of us are locked down, what are y’all doing to pass the time other than spending time on the computer and watching TV.

I am already tired of regular TV and am binge watching Grim today. I am also doing some wood carving. I like to sort of doodle with wood. I’m also doing some fly tying, leatherwork, I have several projects in leather to do and cleaning my fishing gear and guns. I’m also revisiting my old book friends and reading a lot.

I think I may do some writing. I used to write fiction and some poetry, but the muse hasn’t struck me for a while. I annoy people online to the tune of about 25,000 words a week. I have absolutely got my days and nights running backward. If it would stop raining, I would go fishing.

Well, I definitely have a virus. No way to know if it's that virus or not. I have the symptoms shared with flu and colds but no coughing attacks or trouble breathing. I'm stuck here though anyway and wondering if I have that to look forward to. No way do I have enough supplies to last a whole week either, as the shops were cleared out already when I went shopping. I went to the shops and all I got was this stupid virus!
that's how it is with me, Benway. I sometimes get dry coughing attacks, sore throat and swollen lymph glands, but it passes. I hope your illness is just a passing thing and not serious!

Reactions: Donna K. and Benway
Does anyone else here use VR or have a VR rig? We have PS4 VR and Oculus in our house. Oculus has a great mountain climbing adventure that lets you climb K2 and others, and PS4 VR has a flight simulator that lets you fly into different airports. We don't feel quite so trapped when we can go take off other places. :) Also, Oculus is having regular VR meet-ups where you can go meet and talk to other players in VR, which is nice if you're really an extrovert. If any of you are VRing, I'd love to meet up!
So far, none of my loved ones are sick, but we all know it's just a matter of time. Several family members are nurses, fire department employees, other first responders.
Lots of prayers to EVERYONE, especially those who are sick or are living with sick loved ones. These are very scary times!

Reactions: Donna K. and Benway
that's how it is with me, Benway. I sometimes get dry coughing attacks, sore throat and swollen lymph glands, but it passes. I hope your illness is just a passing thing and not serious!
I've been getting better each day. I'm 99% sure it's not COVID19, but the seasonal flu, as the symptoms are a way better match for that (slight phlegm and a sore throat and ear, rather than dry coughing fits, for one). Having it on top of another condition that makes me feel like I have flu anyway just made it seem much worse. I hope you have a speedy recovery! :)

Well what do you do when your 86 year old mother has "cabin fever" and wants to go out?

Besides the giant clown hammer i nail her with........and loud NONONOOO

Well what do you do when your 86 year old mother has "cabin fever" and wants to go out?

Besides the giant clown hammer i nail her with........and loud NONONOOO

Have you tried to find an internet stream of old "Lawrence Welk Shows?" That would have settled my folks down.

11079665_896084737110305_8043119914685037032_n.jpg

Homemade Egg Noodles
2 cups flour (all purpose)
1/4 teaspoon salt
2 medium eggs
1/4 cup water
In a large bowl combine the flour and salt. Make a hole in the flour, like a well. Crack the eggs into the hole. Using you hands or large spoon mash the eggs and flour together making a coarse and crumbly mixture. Add the water. Mix again until you have a nice, stiff dough. Knead the dough a few minutes to get it nice and smooth (5-10 min.) You may need to dust it with a little flour to keep it from sticking to your hands. When you are satisfied with your ball of noodle dough cover it with a tea towel and let it rest for about 20 minutes. This is to relax the gluten in the dough, making it easier to roll out.
Use a rolling pin and a floured surface roll dough out real thin, as the noodles will poof out when they cook. Cut into strips or the the shape you want. Let the noodles rest and dry for about 20-30 min if you can. Cook in a broth that's boiling and then reduce to simmer for 25-30 minutes.

I don't cook mine quite that long or they can go mushy. Check at 15 min. marker.

Status
Not open for further replies.