Life/Stress/Covid Support thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I was drinking a Coke when I hit play on that. I now have a cleaner screen. I admit, I WOULD volunteer for that...NOT in Texas though. I have a warped sense of humor.

Reactions: garnetsilver
27bc6588-4728-42e4-a4ee-0859f39e476f.jpeg

I will tell you one thing about this shelter in place stuff. When it ends I don't want to be standing in front of a hair solon!!! I went to the Dollar General the other day for some eggs and noticed one crowd that wasn't keeping a 6' distance. There were about 5 ladies over around the hair care stuff snatching and grabbing different color hair dies. The white roots are getting noticeable and those were NOT happy ladies. I, on the other hand, am owning the shaggy look and may go long again. Everybody is beginning to look a little scruffy down here.

I will tell you one thing about this shelter in place stuff. When it ends I don't want to be standing in front of a hair solon!!! I went to the Dollar General the other day for some eggs and noticed one crowd that wasn't keeping a 6' distance. There were about 5 ladies over around the hair care stuff snatching and grabbing different color hair dies. The white roots are getting noticeable and those were NOT happy ladies. I, on the other hand, am owning the shaggy look and my go long again. Everybody is beginning to look a little scruffy down here.
I posted earlier that hair dye is the next TP! lol I've not dyed my hair in years. I'm blessed with naturally darker hair to begin with due to the Native American genes running around in me, but I just noticed that I have one white streak in front now. I would have paid for highlights like this one...lol

And despite me threatening to cut it, I still have the longest hair I've ever had since I haven't cut it in 2 years now. What the heck, may as well go with it.

My wife isn't greying yet so I hadn't thought about it until I looked at one of those ladies. She had long straight black hair parted in the middle. She had about an inch of snow-white roots and that part looked like the stripe on skunk's back. I wish that I would go white. My Mama had a full head of long snow-white hair. She started going grey in her late teens. She eventually stopped fighting it and let it go. I don't gues that I got that gene.

My wife isn't greying yet so I hadn't thought about it until I looked at one of those ladies. She had long straight black hair parted in the middle. She had about an inch of snow-white roots and that part looked like the stripe on skunk's back. I wish that I would go white. My Mama had a full head of long snow-white hair. She started going grey in her late teens. She eventually stopped fighting it and let it go. I don't gues that I got that gene.
My dad never had a grey to the day he died at near 70. It appears I have that gene for the most part. But the stripe I have is just one in the front on the pushed to the side former bangs, so it looks rather fetching, imo! lol I used to spend a lot of money to get that look. ;)

Reactions: Benway
Status
Not open for further replies.