Just say Ouch!

I might seem cruel but other people kicking their toes is hilarious, not so much your own, lol. At school when I was 10 we were jumping on a spring board over a vaulting horse with the teacher catching us and flipping us onto our feet. When my turn came I didn't see the teacher was distracted so I went flying over the horse, hit the ground and broke my arm, looking like I had a second elbow. I remember my mate laughing until he saw my arm, then vomited, lol.

I sneeze and hurt my back...lol

When I was about 6, I was on a swing set and fell off the swing, breaking my right arm. We were just learning how to print so with the cast on my arm I learned to write with all the letters slanting backwards instead of forward as I pulled my arm across the page. Still write like that! And I have never since been able to watch a child on a swing, or to watch anything that swings in the air. It actually will make me ill and give me vertigo.

Two days ago, i was installing a Ring flood/camera for a guy. He had a low deck that my extension ladder was leaned on. As i climbed off, my apprentice told me something and as i turned SMASH!...i walked head first into the low deck lol. I think i got a mild concussion from that one.

What is the dumbest way you’ve been injured?​

Let’s face it, we’ve all had some injuries that were caused by less than dignified circumstances. So lets hear them! Everyone loves a good cringe worthy story.

View attachment 39305
I was working in the melon fields here in south eastern Iowa one summer as a kid. One of those gigantic flying death beetles landed on my shin and began to bite me, so i attempted to chop it half with the hoe I weeding with. Of course I missed the beetle and the blade of the hoe bit into my shin causing quite the gash...oh, and one time I fell out of a tree and hurt my ankle gathering firewood.

I was working in the melon fields here in south eastern Iowa one summer as a kid. One of those gigantic flying death beetles landed on my shin and began to bite me, so i attempted to chop it half with the hoe I weeding with. Of course I missed the beetle and the blade of the hoe bit into my shin causing quite the gash...oh, and one time I fell out of a tree and hurt my ankle gathering firewood.
Ouch! Hi, Jay!

I never EVER look where I'm going - I'm a gawker and a dreamer so lot's of ouchs in that... but

the most embarrassing way was ... speaking of beer ... I let my sister-in-law talk me into going into Eureka for a beer or two one summer afternoon - it is about 30 miles or so from here and I don't hold beer well - I'm a pee'er alright. So she drives a big old Ford 150 pick-up AND those two beers were closer to 4 and night encroached before we left. That 30 miles seemed like hundreds and the dirt road from our turn-off to this cabin is bumpy and long long long and many stops have been made along that Path I'll tell ya. So soon as we rounded the curve and crossed the first creek - she pulled over and out we both jumped. I went behind the truck (like I had a thousand times) and holding the bumper for balance preceded to do my business. When that was done I stood up and stumbled backwards just a wee bit - right into the ditch and down I went - pants around my ankles still. And THIS was the exact moment my knee gave... it does that sometimes and has for years. No pain (going down) , no warning, just out out out. So you see, I couldn't get up. The knee is always in control of the situation - might be minutes, might be an hour or or or - while it lays around proud of it's power - before it decides to click back into place and do it's dang job. This dirt road home is or wasn't at that time heavily traveled at night - but there IS traffic - and she's to old and weak to PICK me up (wouldn't have done anyway) and sure as the day is long we hear a vehicle coming and I'm danged near buck naked in the ditch and she's running here and there saying s(*t, s(*t, s(*t and trying to get cell service - to call my son cause, ya know, mom is down - Otter down! Otter down! It's dark alright but those who travel this road are a curious bunch - so of course, the vehicle slows, checks out the situation, and my neighbor say's "you girls need some help?" like this is an everyday occurrence and she says, cool as a cucumber, "nah, we got this" and off he goes for home. Some minutes later - my knee - thoroughly enjoying the whole thing - clicks and I'm up and we're moving and we never EVER talked about it again.

I once broke my little toe by running headlong into a door jamb... I was in a rush to see a show on telly that had just started. I ran down the stairs and there was a 90 degree turn into the living room, but I misjudged it because I hadn't accounted for forward momentum! Oops!
I felt that , toes are so painful

I never EVER look where I'm going - I'm a gawker and a dreamer so lot's of ouchs in that... but

the most embarrassing way was ... speaking of beer ... I let my sister-in-law talk me into going into Eureka for a beer or two one summer afternoon - it is about 30 miles or so from here and I don't hold beer well - I'm a pee'er alright. So she drives a big old Ford 150 pick-up AND those two beers were closer to 4 and night encroached before we left. That 30 miles seemed like hundreds and the dirt road from our turn-off to this cabin is bumpy and long long long and many stops have been made along that Path I'll tell ya. So soon as we rounded the curve and crossed the first creek - she pulled over and out we both jumped. I went behind the truck (like I had a thousand times) and holding the bumper for balance preceded to do my business. When that was done I stood up and stumbled backwards just a wee bit - right into the ditch and down I went - pants around my ankles still. And THIS was the exact moment my knee gave... it does that sometimes and has for years. No pain (going down) , no warning, just out out out. So you see, I couldn't get up. The knee is always in control of the situation - might be minutes, might be an hour or or or - while it lays around proud of it's power - before it decides to click back into place and do it's dang job. This dirt road home is or wasn't at that time heavily traveled at night - but there IS traffic - and she's to old and weak to PICK me up (wouldn't have done anyway) and sure as the day is long we hear a vehicle coming and I'm danged near buck naked in the ditch and she's running here and there saying s(*t, s(*t, s(*t and trying to get cell service - to call my son cause, ya know, mom is down - Otter down! Otter down! It's dark alright but those who travel this road are a curious bunch - so of course, the vehicle slows, checks out the situation, and my neighbor say's "you girls need some help?" like this is an everyday occurrence and she says, cool as a cucumber, "nah, we got this" and off he goes for home. Some minutes later - my knee - thoroughly enjoying the whole thing - clicks and I'm up and we're moving and we never EVER talked about it again.
Blue ribbon story for sure.