Just for fun...

Hi Debi, just wondering why all I can see is
I get that on anything from Facebook, due to the Facebook anti-tracking extension I use with my browser. If I want to see, I right click on where the image should be, select 'copy image location' and then paste it into the address bar of a new tab.
I have no idea if that helps, but thought I'd mention it, just in case. (I'm also in Britain.)

I get that on anything from Facebook, due to the Facebook anti-tracking extension I use with my browser. If I want to see, I right click on where the image should be, select 'copy image location' and then paste it into the address bar of a new tab.
I have no idea if that helps, but thought I'd mention it, just in case.

Thanks, Benway, I do have anti-tracking on my browser but only very recently, the last few days and didn't realise it could affect images. Good to know and thanks for the copy/paste tip. :)

Reactions: 7Critter and Benway
I’m an orange marmalade kinda guy too. Strawberry is very close second though. I’m also a big apricot jam fan though few restaurants carry it - a small jar is in my fridge now.

I also add jam to cottage cheese to get a little savory-sweet going on.
I love apricot jam. I thought I was the only one who added jam to cottage cheese ! It’s so good.

Reactions: garnetsilver
I make my own jams. I have 4 blackberry plants, 4 blackcurrant bushes, about 100 strawberry plants, and 3 apple trees, but are too young to be productive yet.
You need the apple mixed with the blackberry or blackcurrant otherwise it will be too strong. Usually make about 30 jars of each each year which is more than enough for ourselves each year but makes good gifts.
Strawberry and rhubarb works well too.
Also make beer, cider and wines various. Works out less than 30p a bottle of beer and £1 a bottle of vino.
The jams are much better quality than shop bought stuff, and is something like 200g of fruit per 100g product as it is fully reduced - like it's supposed to be.
At the moment the Strawberry is the best as it just tastes fresh.

I had a friend who had several fig trees on his property in southern Maryland. They made fig jam and preserves, as well as fig wine. His wife also pureed figs and, with a few other ingredients, produced an all natural skin cream type product she used on her face.

I had a friend who had several fig trees on his property in southern Maryland. They made fig jam and preserves, as well as fig wine. His wife also pureed figs and, with a few other ingredients, produced an all natural skin cream type product she used on her face.
Is fig jam good? I’m not a fan of them in general. It’s the mushy, grittiness that I don’t like. The jam might have a different feel though.

Reactions: garnetsilver