It's a pain...

I've been in pain for years. Mostly due to doing dumb things when I was young and they caught up with me. Doctors always try and put me on hardcore pain meds I refuse them. I use valuim which isn't a pain killer it just makes me okay with it and stops the nerve pain.

Last edited:
About a year ago I started the practice of making my bed within the first hour that I am awake. Sometimes that is all I do for the day, but it makes me feel good.

I'd prescribe medical weed for chronic pain, edibles if you can't smoke. Anything to take the edge off and make you feel better and non toxic for your body. Legality doesn't come into it if you are suffering imo.

About a year ago I started the practice of making my bed within the first hour that I am awake. Sometimes that is all I do for the day, but it makes me feel good.
This simple act is so important to mental health and mood. I don't know why but I have to say it makes me feel better too. If I don't do another thing in the day at least my bed is made. It is a mystery why it effects the mood, but it seriously does. I do the same Jad. I have to wait till hubby gets up because he sleeps later than me but I always make my bed. It has nothing to do with being neat or clean but everything to do with staving off depression.

As soon as I wake up I make my bed. I've always done it. Now sometimes I half butt it,but it's still looks nice...lol

Reactions: Lynne
I've noticed that quite a few of us have been dealing with chronic pain conditions lately.
Been doing it for 20 years now, and I understand how difficult this can be.
It's known as the "silent disability" as many people can't tell by just looking at you which can often make us feel a bit unseen or unheard. Sometimes our docs don't listen well either.
Do you or someone you know have this problem?

In support of everyone who deals with this, what advice would you give another in dealing with this kind of condition? What has been an effective way for you to deal with it? Let's give each other a bit of support!

View attachment 51476
Being disabled this kinda of gets to the heart of it for me. I dont look disabled at all unless you lived with me. Because no one ever listened to me as a child, it caused me to not be able to tell others whats wrong. I was screamed at for anything i asked for or my parents couldnt afford it. I sometimes have to use walmart scooters and ill get nasty looks sometimes., My advice is 9/10 times ppl are just doing thier own thing. Most times people are just in thier heads dealing with most ppl things. Get out of your own head! Its ok to ask for help and if someone doesnt understand or respect your disability, thats a skill issue on them NOT you...ever.

I've noticed that quite a few of us have been dealing with chronic pain conditions lately.
Been doing it for 20 years now, and I understand how difficult this can be.
It's known as the "silent disability" as many people can't tell by just looking at you which can often make us feel a bit unseen or unheard. Sometimes our docs don't listen well either.
Do you or someone you know have this problem?

In support of everyone who deals with this, what advice would you give another in dealing with this kind of condition? What has been an effective way for you to deal with it? Let's give each other a bit of support!

View attachment 51476
Also a great book to help ppl who have myjob which is called Sidetracked Home Executive. lol forgot the author but its a great book to teach ppl who have serious issues with time management.