Is being empathetic a bad thing when it comes to the paranormal?

It may not have been given to you, as your own psychic mechanism is quite capable of perceiving it all by itself.

Deep sadness is something worth experiencing, try observing it, see what happens, xx

Reactions: Janice89
OK, whole nuther situation here now that I know the details. Zak Bagins place?

The energy left behind embedded into that van is off the charts. The van itself was used to take lives, and most of those who were a part of that did so because they were at end of life situations, in extreme pain, and most likely extremely sad to have it end in such a way. Even those without any psychic gifts at all can be affected by that much emotional energy when near it.

You most likely were picking up on that energy wave, with no idea what was hitting you. I've seen this happen to people with no knowledge of the paranormal and even in nonparanormal settings where the energy is just so thick it is overwhelming.
OMG
OK, whole nuther situation here now that I know the details. Zak Bagins place?

The energy left behind embedded into that van is off the charts. The van itself was used to take lives, and most of those who were a part of that did so because they were at end of life situations, in extreme pain, and most likely extremely sad to have it end in such a way. Even those without any psychic gifts at all can be affected by that much emotional energy when near it.

You most likely were picking up on that energy wave, with no idea what was hitting you. I've seen this happen to people with no knowledge of the paranormal and even in nonparanormal settings where the energy is just so thick it is overwhelming.
YESSS! Exactly! That is what I experienced and what I felt! I went with 10 of my friends, a few skeptics and some believers in paranormal. I’m a huge believer but I’m also respectful and I know my limits. I never go beyond my point of discomfort. No one else was feeling what I felt. Only my two friends were feeling extremely uncomfortable due to their catholic backgrounds. But I had a strange connection with my friend. After that room I mentioned before, we walked into another one and as I saw my friend from afar, little did I know that she was in the middle of praying, so I grabbed her and I said “just hold me, I’m about to cry” and I let out all of the emotions I felt In the previous room. I felt like a sponge.

Honestly, I've seen some people open up...like a doorway has been thrown open. And others who have simply walked away without ever having another event happen. My guess is that it's up to the person involved. If they actively pursue learning more and trying to reach out psychicly, I believe anyone can learn the skill. Some may do it better than others. I liken it to playing piano. You can teach me to play it. I can make music. But I'll never play it as well as a concert pianist with a natural talent for it. If someone has a natural gift, it comes much easier.
If that’s were to be true, how would you learn something like that? Where do you seek to be taught? What is it called? Sorry, I’m just a curious person in general, but not too curious cause you know where curiousity May lead you sometimes.

I've had a lot of paranormal experiences but the only empathetic time I had was when my daughter split with her first boyfriend.I didn't even like the guy much but the feeling I had was like I had split up with him,it went on for weeks with me crying on and off.It was a very weird time for me.I was feeling the pain of my kid big time.I don't think she ever got over him fully,but that often is the way with your first love.Luckily I did, lol.

I knew nothing of empaths before I found this forum, no one has ever mentioned the title to me ever. had I known what I was going through would have saved me a world of suffering and the feeling of damnation, it isn't easy for a child to explain his actions when the feeling is not his own and why did he attack the kid in the back of the bus? I won't go on about my past but I will tell you this... learning about empathic abilities will save you a world of grief.

To this day I see a therapist, I tried to bring up the subject and I got a very strong vibe and my own feelings implored me to change the subject. Once you learn to decipher your own feelings from others you can choose the outcome but as someone who was ignorant to this state of being had no chance.

This gets very deep and I do not care to go any further on the subject but I will pray you to study on this.

Reactions: Lynne and Janice89
You should read Mercedes Lackey's, Valdemar books. She has the heralds having special gifts and one can be an empath and another a sensitive. Or farseer. I love her series and she writes so well. Great friendships in her books. But I like her empath ones. They are neat and it's a cool gift to have. Just thought I'd mention her.

does being emphatic also deals with nature? like if im bare feet in grass i feel my energy rooting itself into the ground, at first it feels like i everything is screaming at me, but then that passes my mind feels so clear i can only hear the trees, the wind, the tiny city animals around me, its like im in another world removing myself is the messy part cause when i "disconnect" i feel dizzy, or even a headache

does being emphatic also deals with nature? like if im bare feet in grass i feel my energy rooting itself into the ground, at first it feels like i everything is screaming at me, but then that passes my mind feels so clear i can only hear the trees, the wind, the tiny city animals around me, its like im in another world removing myself is the messy part cause when i "disconnect" i feel dizzy, or even a headache
Nature makes you stop look and listen the earth is alive and is effected by everything whether it is us or a meteor falling from the sky. It can give or take away. We know this but what we do about it is up to us.

I think this is different than empathic abilities. I would call what you are doing energy work. You are taping into the energy of the earth and nature, grounding. I think empathy is feeling someone else’s emotions.

I'm by no means an expert, so I hope you don't mind me sharing this video -

EDIT: Just to clarify, since it plays here directly instead of taking you to Youtube, the video is used as a part of the Empath training for highly sensitive people and helps to both protect your energy and remove negative energy.

Reactions: Janice89 and Lynne