iPod Download

StarsRevolt

Reaction score
I just bought my subscription. I heard Art Bell mention a while back that there would be a way to have the podcast automatically download to a podcast service of you miss it live. Any idea how to set that up? I've been looking but I'm not finding any answers.

Reactions: Mike White
I just bought my subscription. I heard Art Bell mention a while back that there would be a way to have the podcast automatically download to a podcast service of you miss it live. Any idea how to set that up? I've been looking but I'm not finding any answers.

I'd like to know this too -- I'd really prefer it be like an automatic download through iTunes. When I downloaded the test show segments, I had to manually type in the meta-data, then directly load it into my ipod... Granted, these are First World problems! So I probably shouldn't complain ;)!

If anyone is having issues with downloads, etc., please go to DMDN or artbell.com and contact Keith. He can help you with any questions on the matter.

I'm in the Midnight in the Desert Archives, but I can't seem to locate the RSS link to add to my BeyondPod cast app? Does anyone know if there is or will be an RSS feed?

How do you do all that?

Well, I probably do it the overly long and difficult way!
If there is an easier way I'd love to know about it!

Anyway... what i do....
I'm on a PC, and listen with iTunes. From the Midnight in the Desert archive page I right click on the "download" link under the hour files. Then I go to "save file as" and give it a name that makes sense for how I'm planning on filing them in my iTunes library (For instance, for last night's show I named the first file "Graham Hancock Hour 1"), then I save it to my desktop.

Once it's on my desktop I again right-click on the MP3 file and go to "properties", then to the "details" tab. There I fill out a few more metadata details that will help with my filing, such as typing in "Art Bell" under the Contributing Artist field, and then I put the date and show topic into the Album field (in this case, I put "07-20-15 Graham Hancock").

When I download the next two hours I call them "Graham Hancock Hour 2" and "Graham Hancock Hour 3" respectively, but I leave the artist as "Art Bell" and album as "07-20-15 Graham Hancock" because that will group the three different files together when I put them in iTunes.

Then, I take the three files and place them into my iTunes folder. Once there I pull them again into the actual iTunes window, and if I did everything correctly iTunes will automatically create a folder called "07-20-15 Graham Hancock" and group it under all my other files that have the "Art Bell" artist label.

I know that all probably sounds crazy complex, but I have a TON of Art Bell shows in my iTunes, so it's essential I keep them organized! :)

I should also point out that I could just download the files without changing the name or adding meta-data details, and drag that into iTunes. Once in iTunes, I could them right-click the files and go to "get info", and then type in all the meta-data stuff in iTunes. But in the past I've found that iTunes won't always accept the changes to the file names ... it's like I have to change the properties of the raw file before I get it into iTunes in order to make the new name stick.

Hope that helped ... and if it confused you, sorry!!

If anyone is having issues with downloads, etc., please go to DMDN or artbell.com and contact Keith. He can help you with any questions on the matter.

Yeah, I had pondered emailing Keith last week about this ... but then I thought he's probably got a ton of plates in the air! I think I'll try to contact once a few more shows go out and things are (hopefully!!) running smooth.
Thanks!

Reactions: Debi
I don't think DMRN have enabled downloading by iTunes or other podcatchers. I've added the RSS feed to iTunes in Windows and to both Amarok and Akregator in Linux, but had no success. I'm able to input my credentials, but after I do I'm given an error message. I have emailed Keith to clarify, but haven't gotten a response so far. I'll update the thread when I hear something.

Reactions: Seahunter
If there is an easier way I'd love to know about it!

For Windows, I like using Tagscanner. For Linux, I prefer Easytag. Both are fairly intuitive and allow for batch editing, which can save lots of time if you're working with a large number of files.

YouTube has lots of tutorials.