Incubus, Succubus....Demons or imagined?

Debi

Owner/Admin
Staff
Reaction score
An incubus is a demon in male form who, according to mythological and legendary traditions, lies upon sleepers, especially women, in order to engage in sexual activity with them. Its female counterpart is the succubus. Superstitious folk have for many centuries told salacious tales of incubi and succubi, and Genesis 6 is a passage used to support the credibility of such stories. These terms remain current among heavy metal bands and occult groups today. Some traditions hold that repeated sexual activity with an incubus or succubus may result in the deterioration of health, or even death.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Incubus

These are just basic, secular definitions of these two spirits which are also commonly referred to as “sex demons” or “night demons”. These demons are primarily spirits of sexual perversion. Whenever we are talking about demons, always remember not to put too much merit into the common names that they are called by. Spirits go by many names; even God and satan are identified by numerous names and titles in the Bible. Night demons are no more than spirits of lust. They are a powerful, high-ranking class of demons.

https://drintimacy.wordpress.com/incubus-and-succubus-sex-demons-of-the-night/

I've been watching some paranormal shows of late that are featuring the idea of these particular demons. They are known throughout the world by various names and are found in most religious cultures. I believe in demons and have felt the touch of evil before myself, but thankfully have never encountered one of these. I've watched 4 shows in three days that are claiming "hauntings" by these demons. So......

My questions for the evening are the following:

Do you believe in demons?

Do you believe in Incubus and Succubus?

Can either/or attach to someone to attack someone else, such as in the case of rapists? Are they driven by an Incubus attached to them?

Or is this just myth associated with either mental health issues or to cover normal sexual functions and behaviors? Real, myth, or nightmare?

What say you?

Last edited:
An incubus is a demon in male form who, according to mythological and legendary traditions, lies upon sleepers, especially women, in order to engage in sexual activity with them. Its female counterpart is the succubus. Superstitious folk have for many centuries told salacious tales of incubi and succubi, and Genesis 6 is a passage used to support the credibility of such stories. These terms remain current among heavy metal bands and occult groups today. Some traditions hold that repeated sexual activity with an incubus or succubus may result in the deterioration of health, or even death.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Incubus

These are just basic, secular definitions of these two spirits which are also commonly referred to as “sex demons” or “night demons”. These demons are primarily spirits of sexual perversion. Whenever we are talking about demons, always remember not to put too much merit into the common names that they are called by. Spirits go by many names; even God and satan are identified by numerous names and titles in the Bible. Night demons are no more than spirits of lust. They are a powerful, high-ranking class of demons.

https://drintimacy.wordpress.com/incubus-and-succubus-sex-demons-of-the-night/

I've been watching some paranormal shows of late that are featuring the idea of these particular demons. They are known throughout the world by various names and are found in most religious cultures. I believe in demons and have felt the touch of evil before myself, but thankfully have never encountered one of these. I've watched 4 shows in three days that are claiming "hauntings" by these demons. So......

My questions for the evening are the following:

Do you believe in demons?

Do you believe in Incubus and Succubus?

Can either/or attach to someone to attack someone else, such as in the case of rapists? Are they driven by an Incubus attached to them?

Or is this just myth associated with either mental health issues or to cover normal sexual functions and behaviors? Real, myth, or nightmare?

What say you?
Anything is possible...I don't discredit anything. It could be a combination of sexual abuse/haunting....& whose to say one is not responsible for the other? Both could be predisposing factors that correlate together on some unknown level beyond our human understanding.

Reactions: Debi
When I had on Demonologist, Samantha Harris we did talk about this (I brought it up for some reason) and she believes they are real. In July Samantha will be returning for another great discussion on Demonology and we may just dwell back into that naughty area of sex demons. HAHA
This is beyond just naughty! lol It's frightening as hell! I love Samantha, BTW. Have her book, which is excellent. Looking forward to the next interview with her!

BTW, Samantha uses the same methods I do for cleansing a house and has this laid out step by step in her book.

upload_2015-6-16_11-7-51.jpeg

Run of the mill Demons can be cleansed out of households , however , there are those who will laugh at any attempt to remove them , they are too powerful ! I have met a Succubus and assure you that this is not someone you would wish to meet , unless you have ulterior motives ! This particular Succubus is also a "Shape Shifter" who will "Shift Appearance " before your very eyes , probing your mind trying to come up with the ideal appearance , one that you find desirable and then the seduction dance begins . When this one lays down beside you on the bed , you will feel the bed move as this one moves towards you ( unless of course you have a sleep number bed set on a high setting ) Would you succumb or would you run for the hills ?

Reactions: Indigo and Debi
Well, I have run into a demon or two myself, but nothing like what you describe!!! I honestly feel I would be terrified of something like that. When I've done house cleansings, and found the demonic energy present, I leave the building. I am strong in my faith, but I also know my limitations when it comes to fighting such things. My own fear of a succubus would impact my ability to deal with it to begin with. I can stand toe to toe with a regular demonic energy, but choose not to try and "cleanse" it from a place.

Personally, I'd be runnin' for the hills! (Then I'm callin' you!)

Last edited:
Reactions: Indigo
Well, I have run into a demon or two myself, but nothing like what you describe!!! I honestly feel I would be terrified of something like that. When I've done house cleansings, and found the demonic energy present, I leave the building. I am strong in my faith, but I also know my limitations when it comes to fighting such things. My own fear of a succubus would impact my ability to deal with it to begin with. I can stand toe to toe with a regular demonic energy, but choose not to try and "cleanse" it from a place.

Personally, I'd be runnin' for the hills! (Then I'm callin' you! lol)
Many identify Demons as singular entity's which they are , collectively they exist within a demonic dimension which could be as large as the dimension we survive on , Planet Earth ! We have an hierarchy on Earth , same applies to the demonic dimension and there are those within the demonic dimension that people would never ever wish to meet , having a run of the mill demon within a household is terrifying for most , consider a Djinn which is very powerful but not of the top tier then you begin to understand the demonic dimension !

Many identify Demons as singular entity's which they are , collectively they exist within a demonic dimension which could be as large as the dimension we survive on , Planet Earth ! We have an hierarchy on Earth , same applies to the demonic dimension and there are those within the demonic dimension that people would never ever wish to meet , having a run of the mill demon within a household is terrifying for most , consider a Djinn which is very powerful but not of the top tier then you begin to understand the demonic dimension !
You speak here of Djinn....I've heard that these particular demons do not respond to the usual exorcisms/ Christian approach to banishment. Because of the strength of them or do they not recognize that particular power source?

Run of the mill Demons can be cleansed out of households , however , there are those who will laugh at any attempt to remove them , they are too powerful ! I have met a Succubus and assure you that this is not someone you would wish to meet , unless you have ulterior motives ! This particular Succubus is also a "Shape Shifter" who will "Shift Appearance " before your very eyes , probing your mind trying to come up with the ideal appearance , one that you find desirable and then the seduction dance begins . When this one lays down beside you on the bed , you will feel the bed move as this one moves towards you ( unless of course you have a sleep number bed set on a high setting ) Would you succumb or would you run for the hills ?
Oh I start praying fiercely whenever I think I'm encountering ANYTHING other than an ancestral spirit...if it's not of me or mine, in one lifetime or another, I'm not very cooperative. Sometimes an ancestral spirit may provide guidance, through the dreamtime, that a particular spirit is OK despite not being ancestral & I'm OK with that - but they have to put their stamp of approval on it before I move forward in any way. I had some very evil experiences as a child and teenager, and now in my late 20s I know better & am extremely cautious in my interactions.

Reactions: Debi