I'll have the ranch....

Beets. Please NO or I'll gag. And no Blue Cheese dressing! OMG...it makes me ill.

You talk about vinager and oil dressing, Duke. My mom did the same thing. I was raised on the stuff but found out about the other dressings about age 16. The problem later was I used to visit mom when she was living alone after dad died and she'd bring out the "dressing" assortment from the fridge that was always, always outdated by not just months but perhaps years. She wouldn't throw anything out until it was used. All of us learned to live with the vinigar and oil homemade dressing when visiting. It was safer.

Add beets to my "will not eat" salad ingredients.

Reactions: Debi
How about items you DO NOT like on you salad? For me it's cucumber, frisee, and vinegar and oil dressing. I hate vinegar and oil dressing, growing up that's the only dressing my Mom used. I was in my early teens before I realized there were dressings other than vinegar and oil, and for that reason I did not like salad.

I also make a dressing with olive oil and balsamic vinegar which is a different beast but it has to be the real thing which is very expensive. Malt vinegar I only use on fries.

The only cheese I'll use in a salad is buffalo mozzarella for the classic and simple basil leaves, sliced tomato and mozzarella which doesn't need any dressing

I like croutons. The flavored kind are best. I like the cheese and garlic flavor ones best, but I'll use any of them.

texas-toast-coupon.png

Reactions: Lynne
I also make a dressing with olive oil and balsamic vinegar which is a different beast but it has to be the real thing which is very expensive. Malt vinegar I only use on fries.

The only cheese I'll use in a salad is buffalo mozzarella for the classic and simple basil leaves, sliced tomato and mozzarella which doesn't need any dressing
Oil helps the digestion of lettuce I’ve read.

Reactions: TonyM