I'll have the ranch....

Debi

Owner/Admin
Staff
Reaction score
Many of us are trying to up the veggies, and there is nothing so personal as a salad! Sooo many variations, so many dressings!

What goes in and on your salad? What are your favorites?

images

Many of us are trying to up the veggies, and there is nothing so personal as a salad! Sooo many variations, so many dressings!

What goes in and on your salad? What are your favorites?

images
I find that my own homemade salads aren’t as tasty as most restaurant salads. I don’t know why but eat out lettuce seems to taste better.

That said, I could load up my homemade salad with everything and still not feel the recipe was worth sharing.

Reactions: Paintman
I find that my own homemade salads aren’t as tasty as most restaurant salads. I don’t know why but eat out lettuce seems to taste better.

That said, I could load up my homemade salad with everything and still not feel the recipe was worth sharing.
I agree. Salad is good but not a main course. If i have what I like on a salad it defeats the reason I’m eating it.

Reactions: WitchAndShaman
I like most veggies on a salad except onions or peppers. My fun add on is beats. I love cold beats. I like most dressings but a sweet raspberry vinegarette is the best.

Reactions: Paintman and Debi
Chef salad with extra meat, preferably turkey, with added jalapenos, a spritz of lemon juice, and Hidden Valley Ranch Jalapeno Bacon Ranch dressing.

So like at a place with a nice salad bar...
Roquefort dressing with blue cheese dressing and also garlic croutons, and those tiny corn cob things, and onions and those tiny tomatoes, well basically I just make a nightmarish mess and eat it, I am probably a barbarian I guess.

with added jalapenos

The key here is salt....

Jeezers and I'm trying to cut back on the salt because of my weight and BP. Thanks for the link Debi - I guess I'm not the only person in the world who finds their own salads to be blah.

But Duke's addition of jalapenos is worth considerations. I L-O-V-E jalapenos and fresh more than the pickled ones. When I order from a Mexican restaurant I always tell them to add double the jalapenos on top. To me, jalapenos tend to add as much a floral note as they do a heat.

Reactions: Debi
I like most veggies on a salad except onions or peppers. My fun add on is beats. I love cold beats. I like most dressings but a sweet raspberry vinegarette is the best.
Beets? As in those red things that make me gag? Bleck! lol

Bring on my onions and peppers. You may have all my alloted beets .

Reactions: Lynne
I enjoy salads as a main course. I will add eggs and cheese when doing a main course salad. I also adore a good Greek Salad with Feta. Yum! My "normal" fare is onion, cucumber, tomatoe, and ranch. I sometimes will just make that into a salad wrap using a tortilla. Filling and I still get the veggies! Often a quick lunch here.

Reactions: WitchAndShaman