If Aliens contact us, who should answer?

I agree with Michio, let’s just mind our own business. However I think they have been here for longer than we have. I don’t know why they haven’t taken over the earth but there must be a reason. Perhaps it’s no allowed by someone above them.

The best thing to do is to not answer. Throughout history there is a pattern that when a technologically advanced civilization meets a less advanced one, the less advanced one eventually is subjugated or destroyed. Example: European civilization vs. civilizations in the Americas. The Native Americans, Mayans, etc, had a basic level of civilization in relation to weapons. The Europeans had guns and the American colonists had guns and also used biological warfare by, for example, giving Native Americans blankets infected with smallpox.

In World War II the Japanese military did very well until the Allies military produced advanced fighter planes and a military strategy that effectively drove the Japanese army off of one island after another, pushing them towards Japan. Then the U.S. developed the atomic bomb and that was it for Japan. (They did argue amongst themselves about whether to surrender or not, though, not knowing that the U.S. had one more atomic bomb ready to go and were considering using Tokyo as a target.)

All this is a moot point, of course, if the UFOs actually are from an advanced race of beings from this reality or an alternate /parallel reality. Any announcement that would be official that would say 'the aliens are real, they are here and we can't do anything about it' would cause massive panic. religious upheaval and a whole host of other societal problems that would make what is going on today look like child's play.

I think we should keep SETI going but if a signal is received and acknowledged as a repeatable signal we should not answer. I think the record on the Voyage spacecraft should never have been put on the craft. It's the old 'keep your heads down, you never know who might be shooting at you' approach but I think it's the most practical one at the moment.
that is an understandable outlook, especially when looking at it from the human past perspective., but IF UFO's are real, and IF they are actually alien beings, and IF they actually contact us....(lots of "if's here....lol) then we have to assume they have been watching us for quite a while, know how weve evolved, and then think its time to make contact. now what we have to figure out is the "why" why now. have we reached a level where its time or do they see us as a liability, a problem to be dealt with accordingly... if they are that advanced and have been watching us for centuries...(according to legends). then its probably safe to say they arent here to enslave or eat us.....maybe...lol.... so ignoring them may not be the best option.. finding out the "why" may be our only or last chance to either pass onto our next level, or change our way of life in order to further our species....... lots of if's and why's to think about here.

The best thing to do is to not answer. Throughout history there is a pattern that when a technologically advanced civilization meets a less advanced one, the less advanced one eventually is subjugated or destroyed. Example: European civilization vs. civilizations in the Americas. The Native Americans, Mayans, etc, had a basic level of civilization in relation to weapons. The Europeans had guns and the American colonists had guns and also used biological warfare by, for example, giving Native Americans blankets infected with smallpox.

In World War II the Japanese military did very well until the Allies military produced advanced fighter planes and a military strategy that effectively drove the Japanese army off of one island after another, pushing them towards Japan. Then the U.S. developed the atomic bomb and that was it for Japan. (They did argue amongst themselves about whether to surrender or not, though, not knowing that the U.S. had one more atomic bomb ready to go and were considering using Tokyo as a target.)

All this is a moot point, of course, if the UFOs actually are from an advanced race of beings from this reality or an alternate /parallel reality. Any announcement that would be official that would say 'the aliens are real, they are here and we can't do anything about it' would cause massive panic. religious upheaval and a whole host of other societal problems that would make what is going on today look like child's play.

I think we should keep SETI going but if a signal is received and acknowledged as a repeatable signal we should not answer. I think the record on the Voyage spacecraft should never have been put on the craft. It's the old 'keep your heads down, you never know who might be shooting at you' approach but I think it's the most practical one at the moment.
Going by past accounts, 'visitors' have been coming here long before the Voyager Project(s) were ever conceived. Thankfully Japan surrendered after the second bomb. As horrific as that outcome was, if the allies had to invade Japan, the amount of bloodshed that would've followed is truly unthinkable. Political and religious upheaval could happen once the world's eyes are opened to life beyond. Not to sound like an anarchist, but in a way that could be what the world needs. It would be a wake up call to stop all the BS going on and force people to think outside of themselves. That's where the proper voice or voices is needed to help ease the populace into a new era (broken record yes, but damn wouldn't it be great). If they turn out to be hostile, well...our world has been through the muck enough where we'd give them a hell of fight lol.

I doubt aliens would think anything like we do, we would have more in common with a sea sponge. They aren't going to come to shake our hand and we wouldn't stand a chance in a fight against their technology so we are better off keeping quiet. Not only that, why would they have two eyes, a nose and mouth on their face as is depicted in movies, those features are an earth evolution trait and added to make them more of a comfortable character which we can relate to.

Last edited:
I doubt aliens would think anything like we do, we would have more in common with a sea sponge. They aren't going to come to shake our hand and we wouldn't stand a chance in a fight against their technology so we are better off keeping quiet. Not only that, why would they have two eyes, a nose and mouth on their face as is depicted in movies, those features are an earth evolution trait and added to make them more of a comfortable character which we can relate to.
I think we get their physical form from the eyewitness accounts. There is a lot of events where people have described the little grays and tall whites. These two humanoid types at least are somewhat structured in an upright walking form with a face. With the reports of what people have seen in the forests it gets even weirder.

The problem with the original question is that contact has already happened. Just not through "official" channels. It will never be a Day The Earth Stood Still type of thing.
but the question still remains, "why now"..... why not 1000 years ago, 500 years ago. etc..... and if not through "official channels", does that even count as making contact??? ( follow with me here) right now only about 25% of the general population actually believe in aliens visiting, until they actually either come down and land or contact us through official channels, making their presence known, it will still be unbelieved by most. and without absolute proof. ( which is how i was looking at the original question. undeniable contact)... but if they are contacting only certain individuals then the question of why still is first and foremost, why now, and what are those that are contacted supposed to do with the information or contact. if those contacted just keep it to themselves and sit on it, then what is the point. if they wait for a death bed confession, what is the point......the "why" remains. ( i look at the original question from the point of them actually being physical beings, needing a means of transportation to travel, having a "home" world, a planet, or something similar, not from a dimensional standpoint. that, i think gets into the possible mystical side as to whether they are demons or other beings from past belief systems. which opens up a whole new discussion).

I think we get their physical form from the eyewitness accounts. There is a lot of events where people have described the little grays and tall whites. These two humanoid types at least are somewhat structured in an upright walking form with a face. With the reports of what people have seen in the forests it gets even weirder.
That makes me think they may have evolved here, in the distant past or future.