I think my children are playing with a ghost

This is really what I'm hoping for Debi, and what I was telling myself when things started to happen. It's just as more things have happened and all the children now seem to be involved it got me thinking there could be more to it.
It's always possible. The hardest thing for us when children are involved is trying to discern what is actually going on so we can keep them safe. Keep digging for that history and info, keep an open mind and heart, and you will find your way through this. There is a prayer in that link...The St. Michael's prayer. No matter your religious beliefs, it appears to offer protection to all who pray it. I keep a copy of it posted in my home, actually. Just be the good parent you are, CP. You care, you love them, and that will help guide you through this. We're always here to give some info and advice, but you are the one who is living the situation. Your intuition will be the best guide on this as to how to proceed because you are physically there and you know your kids best. Trust those instincts.

One other thing I noticed when I reread what your 6 yr. old said about "the garden looked different in the past." This child may be a bit of a sensitive and have some psi gifts. He may actually be able to "see" what it looked like. If you do the painting/drawing as Garnet suggested, ask him if he could draw what it used to look like for you because you'd love to see what it used to be like.

Hi CP. thanks for sharing your experience with the forum. You have received good advice from the other members so I will simply say, welcome. Keep us updated.

Reactions: garnetsilver
Thank you all for your replies and for being so welcoming.
So a little bit of a history of the property update, did quite a lot of research last night and what I have found out so far is:
Until late Victorian times maps show there being no garden just woodland.
On one side of the house about 30m away from the house is a plague pit still identifiable by a single yew tree planted on a mound.
In the civil war there was a small skirmish or battle just in front of the house, our house is of the boundary of the church graveyard.
Also a university did a dig just behind the house and concluded it had been a Saxon settlement.
It will interesting to see what more recent history digs up.
Going to keep researching and will keep a log of events. Will post in a couple weeks with a update.

So a little bit of a history of the property update, did quite a lot of research last night and what I have found out so far is:
On one side of the house about 30m away from the house is a plague pit still identifiable by a single yew tree planted on a mound.
In the civil war there was a small skirmish or battle just in front of the house, our house is of the boundary of the church graveyard.
Also a university did a dig just behind the house and concluded it had been a Saxon settlement.
Going to keep researching and will keep a log of events. Will post in a couple weeks with a update.
Sounds like you have plenty of haunting possibilities. Some places just hold energy of the past. I’m glad you were inspired to learn about where you live.

The history is intriguing! Lots there to look at as possible energy sources.

Reactions: Lynne
I look forward to learning more! It sounds like you have moved into a fascinating area!

Reactions: Lynne
Update on events as promised.
So the last couple of weeks have been interesting, not much to report history wise other than in late Victorian times the village midwife lived here. But in regards to events lots to talk about and has certainly changed my views on ghosts.
So the younger boy continued to get disturbed at night, saying his brother kept trying to get into bed with him. After a few times of this happening the older brother asked why I kept getting his brother up in the night. He said it had to be me because it was too tall to be his mum. He said he saw me and his brother walking out of the room holding hands but it was weird because even though the lamp was on we were dark and he couldn't see us properly, his exact words. A couple of days after he spoke to me about it, I found he got some pillows and blankets and made a bed up on the floor between their beds. I asked him about it and he said it was just something he wanted to do, so I left it at that and left the bed he made up. There has been no night time disturbance in their room since he made the extra bed up.
Next up I had an experience of my own which so far have decided not to tell my wife about. It was at night my wife had gone to bed so I was the only one up. I started to hear a clicking sound after a while I realized it was coming from my glass of drink. It sounded like someone tapping the rim of the glass with a fingernail and I could actually see the drink rippling on the surface. Thinking back to some of the advice offered to me on this forum, I decided to try and speak to what ever was there, and I must admit I did feel a silly doing it but I said, I know you are here and that you can hear me, immediately a book fell from the bookcase and the tapping got faster. The hairs were properly standing up on my neck at this point but I continued to talk and the tapping got even faster, I said as long as you are kind and don't upset the children you and the boy are welcome to stay. I feel a huge pressure against me for a moment and the tapping stopped. Since we had nearly a week without any major happenings the eldest son still seems to be playing with some one in their room and the third bed remains in place. But given that I was pretty much non believer, the last few weeks have really changed my views on such things. Once again thank you all for your words of wisdom and advice.

Hi CP, I’ve only just read your posts for the first time this morning. I’m not very experienced with ghosts and spirits (comparative to others here on the PNF) but I am experienced in telepathic and empathic communications with the living. I believe your own contact with that entity is a huge step forward for your family. You are no longer on the outside - unknowing and underleveraged. Keep your ears open to other communications; speak aloud with clarity and conviction in your messages but also with compassion. Many living persons dislike being told what to do in harsh tones...if this might be an ex-living person...then reserve that tone for times when it might be required to deal only with paranormal actions of concern. Please don’t allow any fear to be projected needlessly as hate.

Last edited:
Update on events as promised.
So the last couple of weeks have been interesting, not much to report history wise other than in late Victorian times the village midwife lived here. But in regards to events lots to talk about and has certainly changed my views on ghosts.
So the younger boy continued to get disturbed at night, saying his brother kept trying to get into bed with him. After a few times of this happening the older brother asked why I kept getting his brother up in the night. He said it had to be me because it was too tall to be his mum. He said he saw me and his brother walking out of the room holding hands but it was weird because even though the lamp was on we were dark and he couldn't see us properly, his exact words. A couple of days after he spoke to me about it, I found he got some pillows and blankets and made a bed up on the floor between their beds. I asked him about it and he said it was just something he wanted to do, so I left it at that and left the bed he made up. There has been no night time disturbance in their room since he made the extra bed up.
Next up I had an experience of my own which so far have decided not to tell my wife about. It was at night my wife had gone to bed so I was the only one up. I started to hear a clicking sound after a while I realized it was coming from my glass of drink. It sounded like someone tapping the rim of the glass with a fingernail and I could actually see the drink rippling on the surface. Thinking back to some of the advice offered to me on this forum, I decided to try and speak to what ever was there, and I must admit I did feel a silly doing it but I said, I know you are here and that you can hear me, immediately a book fell from the bookcase and the tapping got faster. The hairs were properly standing up on my neck at this point but I continued to talk and the tapping got even faster, I said as long as you are kind and don't upset the children you and the boy are welcome to stay. I feel a huge pressure against me for a moment and the tapping stopped. Since we had nearly a week without any major happenings the eldest son still seems to be playing with some one in their room and the third bed remains in place. But given that I was pretty much non believer, the last few weeks have really changed my views on such things. Once again thank you all for your words of wisdom and advice.
Thanks for giving us an update

Reactions: WitchAndShaman