How Were You Introduced to Art Bell?

I was told about Art Bell (and his crazy radio program from out of the nighttime Southern Nevada desert) by a long time friend and business associate. This was in the mid-90s. I didn't actually hear Art until a couple of years later but immediately remembered my friend Bill's story and thought "This must be THE GUY". I've been hooked ever since!

SOooo glad he is back working his nighttime desert magic!

Reactions: Debi
I was told about Art Bell (and his crazy radio program from out of the nighttime Southern Nevada desert) by a long time friend and business associate. This was in the mid-90s. I didn't actually hear Art until a couple of years later but immediately remembered my friend Bill's story and thought "This must be THE GUY". I've been hooked ever since!

SOooo glad he is back working his nighttime desert magic!
Once you hear the voice, it's impossible to forget him! lol

Reactions: CapinCooke
I was 16 and just got home from a night out with friends. This was 1992 I think. Maybe 1993. Anyway, it was Sunday evening and around 9:30pm and I went in to my room and cut on the radio to listen to some southern rock and to my surprise, there was a guy on my radio talking about ghosts. Anyway, I heard the iconic song "the chase" by Georgio Marauder for the first time ever. It changed my life forever.

I was 16 and just got home from a night out with friends. This was 1992 I think. Maybe 1993. Anyway, it was Sunday evening and around 9:30pm and I went in to my room and cut on the radio to listen to some southern rock and to my surprise, there was a guy on my radio talking about ghosts. Anyway, I heard the iconic song "the chase" by Georgio Marauder for the first time ever. It changed my life forever.
Welcome to the forum, Mighty one! Glad to have you with us.

I first heard Art back in the very early 90's when I was working the over night shift and used to listen to him on my headphones, its is amazing to hear him back on the air waves again.

Last edited:
I started listening to Art when I was a wee Little lass of 4 or 5.
My parents worked a lot and my aunt and grandma would stay up and listen to the show.
My first memory of the program was the sounds from hell. Amazing that I've kept listening, honestly lol.

I started listening to Art when I was a wee Little lass of 4 or 5.
My parents worked a lot and my aunt and grandma would stay up and listen to the show.
My first memory of the program was the sounds from hell. Amazing that I've kept listening, honestly lol.
Welcome, ForsakenGunsling! Must say, the sounds from hell would make quite the introduction to Art's program! lol

Reactions: ForsakenGunslinger
I like to listen to the radio as I fall asleep at night. Bedtime is around 10pm. Usually I put a sleep timer on. A few times I forgot and woke up in the middle of the night hearing the voice we all recognize. Best guess was early 1990's. Of course, it only takes a few minutes of Art Bell to get hooked on the show. Many a night's sleep was lost.

In mid to late eighties my brother and I both worked for Shelby County; he was a sheriffs deputy in patrol on Baker Shift (3-11) and I was a nurse at county hospital on second shift (3-11). After work me and my husband often would go to his house or he and his wife came to ours, so we could talk and calm down from our jobs.... We also would sit outside a lot in nice weather and watch the night sky. On a couple of occasions we saw strange things we couldn't tell anyone else about. One night while on duty he and another officer saw something really really strange and he called me to meet him at his house.... He told us about it and drew a picture of it but never told anyone else. He discovered your show from a fellow officer friend and then turned me onto it.