How Were You Introduced to Art Bell?

I will include one of the few remaining links of the Unsolved Mysteries segment on the event. The video seems to appear and disappear with a great of regularity. So look fast. Unsolved Mysteries was the first media source to do a program on the subject. I believe this was produced in 1995 or 1996. I was 20 years younger. My mother Dotty passed away in 2007. Arthur C Clark also did a piece on it as well as Strange Universe. The second video was produced by NGC. I had been approached by a producer to do a segment and I refused due to on-going commitments. Just let me say, if you compare the two videos it is not difficult to ascertain that the interview with Bev and Peggy was a duplicate of my Mother and I in the earlier Unsolved Mysteries piece. The fact is Bev is the first person I spoke with about the goo. I even took a sample to her. She was unaware of the fallout and she was never hospitalized due to illness. That would have been my Mom. The most important information in the second video is the interview with Mike McDowell (the epidymiologist with WSHD). Dave Lacey and I did an update on a program this past October. Dave and I always believed the military was somehow involved and I found as much proof as I need to support that 2 years ago. Yeah, you probably wouldn't want to know me. http://www.kxro.com/20-years-later-the-oakville-blob/

oh wow I do remember this on unsolved mysteries.

I first heard Art back in 1998 when he had on Jonathan Reed.
There I was flipping through the radio bored & looking for something interesting.. when on one channel there was this guy talking about having an alien stuffed in a freezer. "What is this?" I thought.
I was hooked.

Little did I know that years later Art and I would talk a bit online and over the phone.
Yes, it was a very interesting show...too bad latter all the air went out of that ballon.
Still a classic example of Art's no judgement here attitude....just a classic interview allowing as Art says "let the listener decide"

I will include one of the few remaining links of the Unsolved Mysteries segment on the event. The video seems to appear and disappear with a great of regularity. So look fast. Unsolved Mysteries was the first media source to do a program on the subject. I believe this was produced in 1995 or 1996. I was 20 years younger. My mother Dotty passed away in 2007. Arthur C Clark also did a piece on it as well as Strange Universe. The second video was produced by NGC. I had been approached by a producer to do a segment and I refused due to on-going commitments. Just let me say, if you compare the two videos it is not difficult to ascertain that the interview with Bev and Peggy was a duplicate of my Mother and I in the earlier Unsolved Mysteries piece. The fact is Bev is the first person I spoke with about the goo. I even took a sample to her. She was unaware of the fallout and she was never hospitalized due to illness. That would have been my Mom. The most important information in the second video is the interview with Mike McDowell (the epidymiologist with WSHD). Dave Lacey and I did an update on a program this past October. Dave and I always believed the military was somehow involved and I found as much proof as I need to support that 2 years ago. Yeah, you probably wouldn't want to know me. http://www.kxro.com/20-years-later-the-oakville-blob/
Goodness. Nothing builds confidence like your own government breaking the law.
A long time ago there had been virus's planted in light bulbs in the New York subway system. At an 'appropriate' time the bulbs burst. The experiment was to find how germ warfare would spread through the system during rush hour. Local doctors evidently record the cases they have of various diseases to be able to more readily respond to epidemics.

Reactions: amused1 and surge
Goodness. Nothing builds confidence like your own government breaking the law.
A long time ago there had been virus's planted in light bulbs in the New York subway system. At an 'appropriate' time the bulbs burst. The experiment was to find how germ warfare would spread through the system during rush hour. Local doctors evidently record the cases they have of various diseases to be able to more readily respond to epidemics.
Title 51 of the US Code has loop holes that allow this sort of thing to happen. In this case, it was a continuity program designed and delivered by the military.

My brother and I were driving home from work one night and he said," Look up there, that's the Hale Bop comet!" "Pretty cool", I said, "Where did you learn about that?" He turned the radio to WLS in Chicago, and said "This guy." I've been hooked since '97.
Oh, we were driving back from Indianapolis where we had finished painting Tibbs Drive Inn's movie screens. Supposedly one was the Largest Movie Screen in the World (65' X 120'). Anyone know if it's still in business?

Thanks Debi !. I found Tibbs' Facebook page and it brought back fun memories. My brother and I drove home to Merrillville (south of Gary,IN) every night for a week. Yikes. But we had pets to care for. Anyway we finished painting the last screen 15 minutes before the first movie of the season rolled. Kinda nerve wracking having 200 carloads of movie goers yelling "Hey you missed a spot!"
Here's another one:
Once when night fell, I was up in a boom lift pressure washing the big screen and the projectionist tested his equipment. It was psychedelic. The colors swirled all around, and geez was it ever bright. I'd close my eyes and still see pulsating colors.! It got so disorienting that I very gingerly had to lower the lift down 45' all the while hoping I didn't crash the basket into the screen.

Thanks Debi !. I found Tibbs' Facebook page and it brought back fun memories. My brother and I drove home to Merrillville (south of Gary,IN) every night for a week. Yikes. But we had pets to care for. Anyway we finished painting the last screen 15 minutes before the first movie of the season rolled. Kinda nerve wracking having 200 carloads of movie goers yelling "Hey you missed a spot!"
Here's another one:
Once when night fell, I was up in a boom lift pressure washing the big screen and the projectionist tested his equipment. It was psychedelic. The colors swirled all around, and geez was it ever bright. I'd close my eyes and still see pulsating colors.! It got so disorienting that I very gingerly had to lower the lift down 45' all the while hoping I didn't crash the basket into the screen.
From Hobart, Paintman! lol

How was I introduced to Art Bell?...well I believe I was about 15 years old (1989), my father used to listen to AM broadcast at night, first we would listen to Bill Wattenburg and then tune in to Coast to Coast AM a couple hours later. Of course we were hooked on Richard C. Hoagland when Art had him on frequently, my father even getting "Monuments" in the early 90's. When I got my first transistor radio I would hunt for the best station broadcasting Art and sometimes fall asleep listening to the show. When I received my ham radio license, I heard that Art Bell was also a ham and that made listening to him even more enjoyable, though I have never actually heard Art on the ham bands...yet. I am still listening for him there too. Too bad he would not do a roundtable get together on the ham bands while he was off the air commercially, but we don't have to wait any more thanks to the hard work of Dark Matter Digital Network!

Reactions: Debi and CapinCooke