How do you...

31773120_1699572786788051_5814411066150486016_n.png

Reactions: Paintman and Lynne
More or less consistent stuff is I have been cutting back on my sugar intake and my salt intake (well the latter, I've seemed to just not need as much salt in my food as most people around me). Now I'm working to further cut out soda and juice and go with water and I've downgraded from 2% to 1%.

Now for the less consistent stuff...

Workout - treadmill at home mostly
Diet - eating baked instead of fried, cutting out carbs (especially rice)

I honestly don't try to lose it even though I've become rather rotund to say the least. Cut out the sodas and flavored drinks in favor of water and consume fruits, veggies and real meat instead of pre processed foods. Generally speaking I'd just make a nice huge pot of stew using only fresh ingredients without any store bought broths and whatnot. Let the food be your seasoning.

Then from there just get out and do regular work out in the yard and whatnot. Really not all that difficult, I've just become lazy.

Reactions: Paintman and Debi
More or less consistent stuff is I have been cutting back on my sugar intake and my salt intake (well the latter, I've seemed to just not need as much salt in my food as most people around me). Now I'm working to further cut out soda and juice and go with water and I've downgraded from 2% to 1%.

Now for the less consistent stuff...

Workout - treadmill at home mostly
Diet - eating baked instead of fried, cutting out carbs (especially rice)
I was watching some fitness YouTuber and she said that fruit juice has just as much if not more sugar than pop. And for that reason more than a couple fruits a day isn’t a great idea either.

It’s real hard to run from sugar!

I was watching some fitness YouTuber and she said that fruit juice has just as much if not more sugar than pop. And for that reason more than a couple fruits a day isn’t a great idea either.

It’s real hard to run from sugar!
Diabetics really can’t have much juice. However eating a piece of fruit is ok because you get full and are satisfied with one orange or apple. A glass of juice is like eating several and the sugar goes right into your blood stream. Digesting it is a slower process.

Diabetics really can’t have much juice. However eating a piece of fruit is ok because you get full and are satisfied with one orange or apple. A glass of juice is like eating several and the sugar goes right into your blood stream. Digesting it is a slower process.
More veggies than fruits for diabetics. There's more than one type of sugar, the more complex chains of sugar are worse for you than the simpler sugars found in fruits and honey. So whereas a banana will have as much or more sugar than a 12 oz can of pop, the pop has a complex sugar chain whereas the banana has a simple sugar.

The simpler chains are more readily metabolized and used by your body than the longer chain molecules.

More veggies than fruits for diabetics. There's more than one type of sugar, the more complex chains of sugar are worse for you than the simpler sugars found in fruits and honey. So whereas a banana will have as much or more sugar than a 12 oz can of pop, the pop has a complex sugar chain whereas the banana has a simple sugar.

The simpler chains are more readily metabolized and used by your body than the longer chain molecules.
My grandson is a Type 1 diabetic. It almost takes a math genius to manage that disease.

My grandson is a Type 1 diabetic. It almost takes a math genius to manage that disease.
Don't get me started, you and I can talk about how big of a nightmare that is all day long and get nowhere but agreement from our first step into the conversation. I've seen that first hand in someone who passed away a couple years ago. Really sweet old man, shame he had to go, he was nice to listen to.

Reactions: Lynne
HOW DO YOU STAY FIT? DO YOU WORK OUT? DIET? USE SUPPLEMENTS? WHAT'S YOUR SECRET WAY TO STAY IN SHAPE?

After having several threads hijacked on this topic, I figured I better give you all a place to talk about it! lol​
I work but exercise I don't really have time to cuz I have so many things I want to do whatever i do get time to myself it is usually spent making up lost time with Kellie or the forum. Sometimes I even forget to eat.

Reactions: Lynne and Paintman