House Rules

I was raised by very open minded parents. As long as we weren’t making noise or being rude we were left alone pretty much.
The only house rule I gave my boys (their dad had enough rules already) was nobody hurt anybody. They somehow managed to break that rule from time to time with wrestling around and the errant flying Tonka truck on occasion. (That's when they were made of metal...remember? lol) Hot Wheels caused an injury or two along the way as well when launched from ramps at someone. Sigh...boys.

My mum was very young so was pretty cool for Australians in those days.She was and is very old fashioned when it comes to manners though.Only one rule,do as you are told,no exceptions

When I was growing up... yeah, do as your told... so we made it our top priority to be out of ear shot. lolol
Only things I can really remember is having a 'set' bed time so I could get up and go to school in the morning and I only had so long to play my video games each day depending on my grades at the time. If my grades were great, I could play as long as I want. If not, there would be a limit.

In my house - and I have NEVER understood why why why this went away 'sigh'... Set bed times. For EVERY occasion. All of a sudden there was a Mountain Dew in every grubby little hand and kids ruling the roost til ALL hours.

Also, and this was a FIRM... manners. Someone else's house? Their rules. MY House, My Rules. That was a blanket clause... make your kids mind or the balls in my court.

Don't break my c*ap...

Don't break ANYBODY'S cr*p.

Play OUTSIDE.

An don't - don't - DON'T hit, or kick, or in any other way... assault an adult-INCLUDING your parents ... (amazing how many kid's did/do that) ... because I'm fast and I WILL catch you... lolol

Stay within earshot.

You'll eat what I cook and you'll eat When I'm done cooking.

This REALLY ticked off some parents, but the kids loved me.

The only house rule I gave my boys (their dad had enough rules already) was nobody hurt anybody. They somehow managed to break that rule from time to time with wrestling around and the errant flying Tonka truck on occasion. (That's when they were made of metal...remember? lol) Hot Wheels caused an injury or two along the way as well when launched from ramps at someone. Sigh...boys.
I remember my brothers hitting each other with those plastic race track sections for toy cars. Then one of them would be crying, "He hit me with a race track!" I found this hilarious.