Hottest thing you've eaten...

Way back when I was still in my late teens I was walking through one of those neighborhood gardens where people were growing plants in little plots. I noticed a rather lush bush with nice, ripe green peppers growing from it. They were all about the size of my little finger. Without giving it any real thought, I plucked one off, wiped it on my sleeve and popped it in my mouth. Moments later it hit. I had never experienced such a burn before. It felt as though I had a mouthful of hot barbed wire. I was nowhere near any water or anything else to drink for that matter. It must have lasted a good 30 minutes or so. It definitely wasn't a jalapeño. I can eat those like apples. But there's no way I can say it was a ghost pepper either. In any case, I'm sure whoever was growing those peppers would have gotten a great deal of satisfaction in watching me suffer for stealing one of their peppers.
UT, that is one of best examples of instant Karma I've ever heard! lol

I love hot and spicy food. I eat jalapenos with almost every meal and carry my Red Devil hot sauce with me when I go someplace. I've raised most of the normal hot peppers like the jalapeno, chili peppers, Tobasco peppers, and habanero. I eat them all the time without much problem. BUT, I used to eat at this oriental restraint. They had a little garden in the back where they grew their own peppers. They made this stiff they called volcano chicken. i was hot but I liked it a lot until one day I got one of the peppers that they cooked in with the chicken. I didn't think anything about it and popped it in my mouth along with some of the chicken. It didn't hit until I swallowed!!! OH MY GODDDDS! It took my breath away and I started choking. My best friend that I was with helped my by laughing like a jackass and grabbing his glass of iced tea when I drained mine. I was DYING!!! My eyes were raining tears like rivers and according to my "buddy" I turned blood red in the face. Fortunately, a sweet young waitress came running with a pitcher of ice water. It didn't stop it but it helped. I was sweating like I was in a sauna and my nose started to run wild. I couldn't see much because my eyes were crossed and still raining tears. I possibly could have got by without it making a scene if my jackass friend hadn't howled and laughed until he was in worse shape than I was. Every time I wiped my face off and could see I would glare at him and threaten to kill him if he didn't shut up but that just made him laugh even more hysterically. I finally caught my breath and beat a hasty retreat to the bathroom. I washed my face over and over. Even when the fire had gone down my face was still bloched and red. I returned and despite all, I finished the meal but sent the plate with the offending peppers away. The sweet young waitress kept me in cold Iced tea and got a really nice tip.

Reactions: Lynne
I love hot and spicy food. I eat jalapenos with almost every meal and carry my Red Devil hot sauce with me when I go someplace. I've raised most of the normal hot peppers like the jalapeno, chili peppers, Tobasco peppers, and habanero. I eat them all the time without much problem. BUT, I used to eat at this oriental restraint. They had a little garden in the back where they grew their own peppers. They made this stiff they called volcano chicken. i was hot but I liked it a lot until one day I got one of the peppers that they cooked in with the chicken. I didn't think anything about it and popped it in my mouth along with some of the chicken. It didn't hit until I swallowed!!! OH MY GODDDDS! It took my breath away and I started choking. My best friend that I was with helped my by laughing like a jackass and grabbing his glass of iced tea when I drained mine. I was DYING!!! My eyes were raining tears like rivers and according to my "buddy" I turned blood red in the face. Fortunately, a sweet young waitress came running with a pitcher of ice water. It didn't stop it but it helped. I was sweating like I was in a sauna and my nose started to run wild. I couldn't see much because my eyes were crossed and still raining tears. I possibly could have got by without it making a scene if my jackass friend hadn't howled and laughed until he was in worse shape than I was. Every time I wiped my face off and could see I would glare at him and threaten to kill him if he didn't shut up but that just made him laugh even more hysterically. I finally caught my breath and beat a hasty retreat to the bathroom. I washed my face over and over. Even when the fire had gone down my face was still bloched and red. I returned and despite all, I finished the meal but sent the plate with the offending peppers away. The sweet young waitress kept me in cold Iced tea and got a really nice tip.
A meal you will not forget lol. Thanks for sharing that.