Hottest thing you've eaten...

Debi

Owner/Admin
Staff
Reaction score
With the new research that just came out, it appears Chili Peppers are good for you!

https://medicalxpress.com/news/2019-12-consumption-chili-pepper-death-heart.html

Now, what's the hottest thing you've ever eaten? Or tried to eat?

images

Reactions: garnetsilver
Ghost pepper cheese my daughter bought me just a month or so ago. I love spicy food, but this was the only time I can remember having to spit something out because it was unbearably hot.

Ghost pepper cheese my daughter bought me just a month or so ago. I love spicy food, but this was the only time I can remember having to spit something out because it was unbearably hot.
On the scale of peppers, those are like dynamite. People have died trying to eat those things!

I love chili,I grow some here and the hot,harsh conditions produce really hot ones in the veg patch,I'm not sure what kind they are but they are hot.I didn't know chili could actually kill you,that's a tad too hot lol.

Reactions: Benway and Debi
My Dad liked Tabasco sauce and that is about as hot as high can go.
Maybe Tiger Sauce.
Now I have one nit to pick. My brother used to have these gigantic end of the summer blowout barbecues on Lake Michigan.. He spent a small fortune on meat, and get up at the crack of dawn to start smoking it.
And lo and behold there is always some guy with no taste buds... to destroy the meat.

Reactions: Lynne and Debi
South Indian garlic chilli chicken in a restaurant in Edinburgh a year ago and boy that hurt. A yoghurt drink sorted the pain and added to the food calmed it down. Tasted great but never again do I want to eat anything that hot.

Lamb phall with no rice, drink or anything else, on a bet. It's a curry hotter than vindaloo. I won! Then we got arrested for stealing £1000 ( there was a bag full of money which somehow ended up around and we found it at one point; no I don't know!) and ended up in jail all night till we could satisfy them that we didn't do it. I ended up in a cell with my whole body flushing, starting with my legs going numb, then weirdly tingly, then just all-round weirdness as my body freaked out and asked, 'What did you do last night???'. Which was appropriate really.
It was a weird 24 hours. It wasn't even £1000 in the bag. I looked, and the guy was lying; it was way worse. On my way home I saw a naked guy holding branches in front of his crotch and behind, trying to get home. I've seen some weird paranormal things in my life but that day and night may have more mysteries than any of them.

So phall. It's very very hot, though not ghost pepper hot, so Duke wins!

Last edited:
Way back when I was still in my late teens I was walking through one of those neighborhood gardens where people were growing plants in little plots. I noticed a rather lush bush with nice, ripe green peppers growing from it. They were all about the size of my little finger. Without giving it any real thought, I plucked one off, wiped it on my sleeve and popped it in my mouth. Moments later it hit. I had never experienced such a burn before. It felt as though I had a mouthful of hot barbed wire. I was nowhere near any water or anything else to drink for that matter. It must have lasted a good 30 minutes or so. It definitely wasn't a jalapeño. I can eat those like apples. But there's no way I can say it was a ghost pepper either. In any case, I'm sure whoever was growing those peppers would have gotten a great deal of satisfaction in watching me suffer for stealing one of their peppers.