Holy Water poisoned

Debi

Owner/Admin
Staff
Reaction score
Notre Dame holy water POISONING fears as 'tingling' churchgoers taken ill

Notre Dame holy water POISONING fears as 'tingling' churchgoers taken ill
SCORES of churchgoers have been taken ill following fears the holy water at the Notre-Dame was poisoned.

Catholic tourists have complained of tingling in the face after signing themselves with the holy water, sparking fears the sacred water could be toxic.

Cops raced to the famous Parisian cathedral on Saturday morning as churchgoers complained of headaches.

One priest, draped in his white robes, confirmed the tourists’ horror.

"It smelled especially bad, this water,” he said.

Looking up to heaven, he screamed: "What do you want!

“It is unfortunately an act of malice.

“They want to poison the world!"

The mystery of the “poisoning” has been questioned by locals as an act of vandalism, malice, the vengeance of a disbeliever or a bad joke of schoolboy.

But the mystery has remained just that.

Church bosses decided, for safety, to empty the holy water and bleach the basins.

Le Parisian reported: “The stone basins have been completely cleaned and filled with fresh water.”

Cops concluded there was no danger and a complaint was not filed.

This just STUNS me! OMG! Can't we leave anything holy?
Welcome to planet earth. Nothing is holy. Except maybe nature in deserted areas. And that’s if we continue to respect these places. Oh wait we don’t :mad:

Did they think to check the source? Seems like the PD did nothing and makes me wonder if they are complicit.

I have heard of dysentery and toxic metals as well as parasites being in holy water all over the world (individual cases not all the Holy water obviously). Why are they not testing that? Why were there not samples taken.

I don't trust the PD as far as I can throw them!

Reactions: Debi
Did they think to check the source? Seems like the PD did nothing and makes me wonder if they are complicit.

I have heard of dysentery and toxic metals as well as parasites being in holy water all over the world (individual cases not all the Holy water obviously). Why are they not testing that? Why were there not samples taken.

I had just never even thought of that as a vector. But I fully agree with you on the police attitude on this. Most church's take a very careful approach to the holy water and keeping it in a good contained source or font. (One of my best friends is a nun so I do know a bit on that one...) I would think the police would have taken a much more active role and look at this!

Reactions: Herbal Jaguar
Keeping in mind Muslim terrorists killed an elderly Catholic priest as he was saying Mass in France a year or so ago, their poisoning of a Holy Water font at Notre Dame would not be a huge surprise. That said, to this point no respected news source (such as the BBC or Radio France International) has reported this story. If the story is true, we'd expect to see it in these and other mainstream media source, at least eventually.

I would defer to LG or other UK forum members, but if I recall correctly from my time in the UK, the "Daily Star" is a tabloid not known for being a paragon of journalistic virtues. I think it's one of the UK "newspapers" that runs the daily photo of a topless young woman on page 3.

Reactions: TonyM

Maybe they should add more salt to it.

Keeping in mind Muslim terrorists killed an elderly Catholic priest as he was saying Mass in France a year or so ago, their poisoning of a Holy Water font at Notre Dame would not be a huge surprise. That said, to this point no respected news source (such as the BBC or Radio France International) has reported this story. If the story is true, we'd expect to see it in these and other mainstream media source, at least eventually.

I would defer to LG or other UK forum members, but if I recall correctly from my time in the UK, the "Daily Star" is a tabloid not known for being a paragon of journalistic virtues. I think it's one of the UK "newspapers" that runs the daily photo of a topless young woman on page 3.

I got the story off Drudge. Was hoping THEY vetted it. But we'll run it by the UK team.

I've found that it does not matter which religion is involved, Duke. Man of any religious belief can be horribly cruel to fellow man. This could easily have been one ticked off dude who didn't like what a priest told him was his penance this week. It's not the religion...it's man himself when he puts away his humanity and embraces the darkness. Religious names are just the excuse given...not the real cause of evil.