Holy Water poisoned

I got the story off Drudge. Was hoping THEY vetted it. But we'll run it by the UK team.

I've found that it does not matter which religion is involved, Duke. Man of any religious belief can be horribly cruel to fellow man. This could easily have been one ticked off dude who didn't like what a priest told him was his penance this week. It's not the religion...it's man himself when he puts away his humanity and embraces the darkness. Religious names are just the excuse given...not the real cause of evil.

My point was if Muslim terrorists would kill a priest saying Mass in a church, not to mention their half dozen or more acts of terror in France in the recent past, descreating a Holy Water font would not be beyond belief. Could it be a naughty school boy or unrepentant parishioner? Possibly.

Reactions: Paintman and Debi
My point was if Muslim terrorists would kill a priest saying Mass in a church, not to mention their half dozen or more acts of terror in France in the recent past, descreating a Holy Water font would not be beyond belief. Could it be a naughty school boy or unrepentant parishioner? Possibly.
I follow that. I am simply looking at mankind overall right now. Since I'm not of any of the usual conventional religious groups, I tend to look past that and into the soul of people who would go this low. :(

Last edited:
You're correct Duke, the Daily Star is gutter press known for topless pics of models and sensationalist 'news'. Nothing in that rag should be taken seriously.

You're correct Duke, the Daily Star is gutter press known for topless pics of models and sensationalist 'news'. Nothing in that rag should be taken seriously.
The Drudge report says they vetted the story. I usually don't use something unless it's been vetted thus I used it since it was from a secondary source.

Reactions: Paintman and TonyM
The Drudge report says they vetted the story. I usually don't use something unless it's been vetted thus I used it since it was from a secondary source.

I have no doubt the story is true but maybe over played a bit given the newspaper

Reactions: Debi
Just an observation. In general I would look at this as a church desecration. People who would do such a thing have a very strong belief - in their anger and delusions. Someone that is juvenile and avant-garde could even consider this performance art.
But if this poison is an acid or a solvent, well ........ London had 10 acid attacks last week.

I was wondering how they were actually poisoned? Because I’ve never thought people drank it. So I’m assuming it’s a topicl subatance? The police should have done an analysis to determine what it was. Is it possible the cleaner used in washing the containers was not rinsed well enough? Cleaners often have ammonia or Alcohol in them which would cause a tingling feeling as evaporating. I know of a recent incident in a restaurant where the pans were sprayed with disenfectant that was not rinsed out. The food was ruined. This was in a hospital. People thought it was done on purpose until someone recognized the odor and taste. This could have been taken as an attack if this wasn’t discovered.

Reactions: TonyM