Has Anyone Experienced...

Back around 1982, when first moving into a rental house, we noticed that there were crosses hanging above doors and the entrance from the living room to the dining room. We didn't think much about them beyond suspecting that someone may have hung them there as a superstitious precaution to keep away evil spirits.

After several months, I decided to remove the crosses. Very quickly we began feeling the presence of a spirit in the house. When first seeing the spirit I thought it was my wife until I walked into the other room and saw my wife there (the spirit looked identical to my wife). I laughed, I thought it was hilarious. My wife and I later saw the spirit several times. The odd thing was that the spirit wore an old high-collar victorian dress like an 1800s style.

The really funny part was when a sister-in-law was visiting us. My wife and I were outside when the sister-in-law came running out the front door and quickly left for home without saying a word. The sister-in-law was scared silly; for about a quarter of an hour she had been talking to the spirit in the house while thinking it was my wife, but then discovered it was a spirit. My wife and I still laugh about it.

I hung the crosses back up where they had been, and the spirit never returned. (Apparently the previous renter was not superstitious after-all! ;) ) I joked that my wife had been so busy with her business back then that she needed to split into two to get everything done.

Humorous Story #2

When my wife and I moved into a new used house around 1979, we noticed that the two-note (ding dong) doorbell sometimes did not work well when people came to the door. On rare occasions people had to actually knock. I never bothered checking-out the door bell because I had other projects at the time that were much more important. After about a year we began noticing that the door bell was getting so erratic that sometimes it would ring when someone pulled up to park in front of our house, and then near the end the door bell was ringing when a relative was driving down the street towards our house. People visiting us noticed the doorbell acting erratically also.

While repainting the exterior wood trim around the front door, I was going to tape over the doorbell button, but I could not find the button. I checked all around the door including on the brick. Surprised, I looked in the hall closet where the doorbell two-tone was heard to come from. Not finding the doorbell in the closet, I climbed up into the attic to see if it was mounted there. Not only was there no doorbell, nor transformer, nor doorbell button, there was not even any wiring leading to the front door.

I later teased my wife while having her search for the doorbell button and doorbell. She looked in the same places I did while being surprised that there never had been a doorbell in the house. We laughed because we knew (or at least had high confidence) of who did it: 'visitors'.

During a time of one of my research projects, the house had become populated with what I called 'visitors'. There were so many that we were concerned that the neighbors might get suspicious because of the constant bright glow at night (we did not have to turn on lights at night). One of the visitors, however, was not a good guy, and it creeped us out some when it would go through us as we walked the hall. My wife insisted that I get rid of my friends, which I did, but it then felt odd to have to turn on the lights at night.

When wanted, my old childhood 'friends' could be mischievous little guys that were always a lot of fun for pulling pranks. The first time I introduced my wife to the visitors was when we were dating and I drew some hundreds of them; I was having a great time, she wasn't. LOL! She still married me anyway.

For at least some of us, not all 'visitors' are other-worldly, but rather some are our own thoughts and emotions. I first noticed them when I was around 18 while attempting to get my head straight, and they lingered within what I term my 'aura'. I am overly sensitive to fields, and the felt perception was as if the discarded thoughts and feelings were individuals (spirits). The first time I noticed them, one was staring at me in the dark. Yeah, for days I thought they were little bad guys until I finally realized what I was sensing.

During the doorbell event, I was creating new positive thoughts and feelings while attempting to discard the unwanted feelings, and they lingered close until I fully let them go.

It was, of course, plausible that the visitors were not from myself, but each visitor only had one thought, a singularity of essence, which to me suggests that they were not what would be considered a ghost spirit. In my own experiences, spirits have similar complexities of emanations as living beings.

It was, of course, plausible that the visitors were not from myself, but each visitor only had one thought, a singularity of essence, which to me suggests that they were not what would be considered a ghost spirit. In my own experiences, spirits have similar complexities of emanations as living beings.
Welcome to the PNF LG. I don’t have (comparatimely) as much experience with spirits as several others here. I like your musbig on this point and I hope that others here will comment with something as meaningful and interesting as your own points.

Last edited:
Welcome to the forum and thanks for sharing your experiences. I am a bit confused about what these visiting beings are, do you think they are aliens? Angels? Something else? I can’t imagine what having them light your rooms bright enough not to need lights was like!

Reactions: garnetsilver
Welcome to the PNF LG. I don’t have (comparatimely) as much experience with spirits as several others here. I like your muse on this point and I hope that others here will comment with something as meaningful and interesting as your own points.
Thank you WitchAndShaman. Yes, there are apparently a lot of different flavors of 'spirits', and I too only have a limited experience with just a few different types. But that's okay with me because I might not like seeing some of the other types. ;)

Reactions: WitchAndShaman
I found your comment about thought forms intriguing, Larry G! I often wonder about when people are being bombarded by unpleasant paranormal experiences, how much of it is coming from themselves (unknowingly) and how much from outside themselves? I think some of the hardest things that we must do, are to gain enough insight into our deepest thoughts and feelings, to make friends with our dark sides, and to love and accept all of it unconditionally.

Welcome to the forum and thanks for sharing your experiences. I am a bit confused about what these visiting beings are, do you think they are aliens? Angels? Something else? I can’t imagine what having them light your rooms bright enough not to need lights was like!
Thank you Lynne. For myself, the 'friends' are/were normally like as if whispy medium-light gray forms and reside within inches of the body (within the aura), but when the 'personality content' is strong and more positive of nature, the brightness increases. At the time, my wife had said that she could see my aura glowing brightly (not just sense it). I had also been giving considerable effort to 'reach out' with the heart, which generally parallels expanding one's aura. I didn't pay much attention to the individuals to glean a good idea of each one's nature (I was focused on my goal, and did not care much of what was around me).

As a general comparison so as to give an idea of the differences, when living in an apartment and people walked by my window, you could feel whether each individual was male or female by the complexities of each person's radiance (females are more complex and active at a higher frequency). The gray 'friends' had no complexity, just being like a single dull thought. The brighter 'friends' were singular of conceptual composition (composed of several single natures combined). Analogy: grays are like an effortless down-toned 'uh', while the brighter ones are like a pleasing up-tone musical note or chord. Living beings emit constantly varying frequencies, known ghosts carry few or only one emotioned frequency, bright friends glow of one harmonized tone, and the dull friends are of one dull thought.

At that time my chi was very strong, so maybe it was easy to unintentionally project. In later years I had reason to focus the chi for healing my wife, and the current method is to focus the chi into a beam-like form that other people can physically feel (and taste if applied to the mouth region). Also, today I no longer expand the aura, but rather only 'reach out' with the heart towards one specific direction, and so now I rarely see/sense any 'friends'.

But yes, your question of angels might not be far; some of the bright ones might have indeed been interpreted to be as angels to observers: they were very nice. :)

I found your comment about thought forms intriguing, Larry G! I often wonder about when people are being bombarded by unpleasant paranormal experiences, how much of it is coming from themselves (unknowingly) and how much from outside themselves? I think some of the hardest things that we must do, are to gain enough insight into our deepest thoughts and feelings, to make friends with our dark sides, and to love and accept all of it unconditionally.
Thank you garnetsilver. I wonder the same things, that maybe it might often be ourselves spooking ourselves. Since my profession was so deeply involved in electrical, and since some of us can feel other people's electrical radiance from a distance, then it seems plausible that sometimes people might sense their own radiance and mistake it for something else. But that might also suggest something good; the people are themselves sensitive beyond normal, and too, their hearts are good enough to recognize what is bad.

For myself, my approach is like replacing unwanted things by accumulating many good things. When I battle a bad thing, the battle accepts the bad thing to remain, and never goes away. Maybe like a cookie jar filled with smelly grapes: keep inserting good cookies until there is no more room for smelly grapes. My cookie jar still needs a lot of good cookies. <grin>

For myself, my approach is like replacing unwanted things by accumulating many good things. When I battle a bad thing, the battle accepts the bad thing to remain, and never goes away. Maybe like a cookie jar filled with smelly grapes: keep inserting good cookies until there is no more room for smelly grapes. My cookie jar still needs a lot of good cookies. <grin>
I love this example! Crowd out the bad stuff with good stuff!

Reactions: WitchAndShaman