Has Anyone Experienced...

garnetsilver

Truth Seeker
Reaction score
I just thought I would start a thread where people can share amusing paranormal incidents. I'll start with two:

The first one happened nearly thirty years ago, but I still remember it clearly. It was Winter, and bitterly cold. I was waiting for the bus at a city stop, with two or three other people. The street where we were waiting was downtown and there was a bank on the corner on our side of the street, about half a block away. There was another bank across the street from where the bus stop was.

I heard someone ranting in a loud, angry voice, and when I looked to see who was making such a fuss, I saw a man come out of the bank on the corner and start crossing the street, still ranting. What struck me, was his attire. He wore an old fashioned tuxedo kind of jacket, over a white shirt. (The term "boiled shirt" came to me, which I later looked up.) Along with his shirt and dinner jacket, he wore a pair of pink boxer shorts, and some kind of weird socks held up by little gators below each knee. I know that he wore shoes, but I don't recall what they looked like. Just when I wondered why on earth this man was walking around dressed like that in the cold weather, he crossed the street and walked through the wall of the other bank! I looked at the other people waiting there, and each wore a completely blank expression, as if they had seen nothing. I asked a woman, "Did you see that? And she answered, "See what?" That was when I realized that I had seen a ghost.

The second one happened just two or three months ago. I was just drifting off to sleep, when I heard a man's voice, right in my ear, saying, "How's it going, Sweetie?" I didn't bother to answer, because I could tell that this could get annoying if I played into it. But I thought it was funny - didn't this ghost see my husband lying right next to me? After I started praying to St. Michael, I didn't hear from whomever that was again.

I was so hoping for more amusing paranormal events to read!:disappointed:

GS, novel idea. I’ll have to think hard to see if I’ve got any really good ones. But I do have one that - if not paranormal- was at least a really incredible coincidence. This will require a little backstory setup.

So when I was a kid, I used to watch a cartoon called Tooter Turtle. It was about a turtle who always longed to be something more than he was. He was friends with Mr. Wizard - a lizard or a gator with a magick wand - who would zap Tooter into his desired lifestyle. Then when things would go wrong, Tooter would yell out “Save me Mr. Wizard!”; the wand would be waved and a spell spoken so that Tooter would return home.

When I started working for a technology company in 1983 - a job which required an incredible amount of travel - I met a coworker named David who also used to watch the same cartoon. Jump ahead two years or so. I was traveling in New York City and I crashed my rental car. When I got to the airport I was feeling really frazzled. So I thought talking to a friendly voice might calm me. But being a Saturday, I knew there would be very few people in my office but I chanced it as any friendly voice would help me at that point. I called the office and David picked up the phone and probably in tears at that time I described my situation. He was apparently interrupted by something on his side of the call and he put me on hold for less than a minute. As I was on hold, I clearly heard over the airport speaker system, “Paging Mr. Wizard. Paging Mr. Wizard. Mr. Wizard, please pick up any white courtesy phone.” When David came back on the line, the very first thing he said was, “Drizzle, drazzle, druzzle, drome. Time for this one to come home.” That’s the exact spell Mr. Wizard used to repeatedly save Tooter.

I was immediately relaxed and did in fact, within minutes, board a plane to return home.

I think that was a pretty magickal moment.

Last edited:
I've got one with the weird period dress thing. I was going out to feed one morning, like a Tuesday or something around 6am. As I approached the haystack and was grabbing a flake of hay, I looked over at the long drive we share with the neighbors and down the drive comes this young man, maybe 13, dressed in a jet black flowing cape, a black tricorn hat and a bright pink egret feather sticking out of the top. I noticed as he was walking there was no sound of gravel crunching at all. I couldn't see his feet because of a low hedge between where I was and the road. But as he walked he stared right at me without blinking. It was such a fixed stare that I became agitated and was going to yell "what are you staring at?". But at that moment my whole body froze. The flake of hay dropped from my frozen fingers to the ground. Shocked, I bent over to pick it up and when I stood up, he was gone. The distance he still had to go to get out of sight would've been impossible for him at a dead run, so?

None of the neighbors looked like him (only three more houses up the street) and none had anyone visiting. His gaze stayed so fixed on me, with the potholes in the road aplenty, he would've tripped and fallen on his face if he didn't check his step every couple of seconds.

Prior to that a year or two before my son came running back from the haystack where he was playing and he said he'd seen a boy of the exact age and description staring at him right by the hay. Only he said the boy was only visible from the waist up. Sandy hair, green eyes, around 13 years old. This time my son said he was wearing old style overalls.

His gaze stayed so fixed on me, with the potholes in the road aplenty, he would've tripped and fallen on his face if he didn't check his step every couple of seconds.

It was that way with the guy that I saw, Mrs. Cooper. He should have been hit by a car striding out into the street like that. It was only later that I realized that cars had been in motion when he emerged and crossed the street.
Prior to that a year or two before my son came running back from the haystack where he was playing and he said he'd seen a boy of the exact age and description staring at him right by the hay. Only he said the boy was only visible from the waist up. Sandy hair, green eyes, around 13 years old. This time my son said he was wearing old style overalls.

Sounds like somebody who used to live there long ago and still likes to visit!

Last edited:
One from waaay back. My best friend and I went to a Halloween party when we were about 14(?). We both had no clue what a Ouija board was about, but the two of us had pretty strong psychic powers and we put our hands on the planchette. The thing shot off the board sideways and stuck in the drywall. Very calmly, we looked at each other and she said, "Well....perhaps this isn't such a good idea." After pulling the planchette out of the wall, we went on to party and later asked her mom about it....a very wise wiccan who then became my mentor and teacher. My friend, her daughter, later went on to become a nun. And here I am running a paranormal forum! Ahhh yes....life takes some interesting turns. :p

In 1996-1997 I was stationed at Ft Huachuca Arizona, which is located right next to the town of Sierra Vista and is not too far from Tombstone and Bisbee. It was kind of cool being able to visit some of the historic sites like the OK Corral, the Birdcage Theatre and the old silver mines. One weekend a couple of us went to a bar in town, had a few beers and played pool. The weird part was that our pool table didn't seem to follow the normal laws of physics.

At one point I was looking at two different shots, the 5 ball was near a corner pocket and the 7 ball was a little off center of the table. I talked it out with my friends. I could easily put the 5 in the corner pocket, but that wouldn't leave me a good shot for the 7. However, if I hit the 7 just right it could go in the side pocket and the cue ball would end up near the 5 making the easy shot even easier. Okay, that's decided; 7 ball - side pocket! I lined up my shot and struck the cue ball. It glanced the side of the 7 ball perfectly, causing the 7 to roll right into the side pocket while the cue ball rolled to a stop near the bumper next to the 5 ball for a perfect shot. Except the 5 ball wasn't there! Someone had taken the 5 ball!

This didn't make sense because the three of us weren't standing on that side of the table and the table was in a corner so there is no way someone could have walked over to that side without going right past us. A quick search revealed that the 5 ball was in the corner pocket, somehow it moved while we were focused on the 7.

Later, in the next game I saw “my” shot. For years I had practiced the shot where you have the cue ball near a corner pocket and hit at just the right angle and with enough force that it bounces off the other three sides of the table and lands in the adjacent corner pocket. Only this time the 8 ball was lined up perfectly so that I could bounce the cue ball off three sides and knock the 8 into the corner pocket. In all the years I had been playing pool this was the first time I ever had the perfect chance to use this trick shot. I was stoked! I announced my shot and my friends were saying that it was crazy but also telling me to go for it. I took a swig of beer, cracked my knuckles and took the shot. It was perfect! The cue ball bounced off the three sides and struck the 8 ball with more than enough force to shoot it the 15 inches into the corner pocket. I was grinning ear to ear and my one friend had his hands on my shoulder, shaking me and telling me “Dude! You did it!” Then the 8 ball stopped, right on the edge of the pocket. It didn't gradually slow down and stop short, it was moving full speed then it was perfectly still. All three of our jaws dropped. What just happened? How could it happen?

Just like with the 5 ball earlier we couldn't figure out how it happened. My one friend joked that it was the ghost of Doc Holliday playing with us. While we were lining up our shots ole Doc was there saying “Hey Wyatt! Check this out!” At that point we decided to continue playing but would no longer keep score. Every now and then a ball would hit some unseen obstacles and either stop or change direction and we'd yell at “Doc” for messing up the shot.

About 2 weeks later there was a commercial on TV for the local news station. They we're going to do a story on local locations rumored to be haunted. The clip showed a bartender saying that he's not sure he believes in ghosts, but there is definitely something strange going on in the bar. My buddy says, “does that bartender look familiar?” Then the camera turns and focuses on a pool table in the corner of the bar, the exact same pool table we had been playing on.