Guns, Ammo, and Gun Gear

Yes, mine are similar too for my "caliber-specific" bug-out bags. I have several bug-out type bags that are self-contained and redundant with the other bags. They all have survival gear, first-aid, weapon, ammo, etc. I also have a few AR-7 Survival Rifles and Ruger Takedowns with as much .22 LR ammo as a person can carry, within reason of course.

For those who may be newer to these terms, Henry has an AR-7 Survival Rifle that comes apart, and all the pieces store in the waterproof, floatable butt stock.

maxresdefault.jpg

Ruger makes the Takedown, their version of a rifle that can break down for easier carry on the go. In this case, only the barrel is removable.

Ruger-10-22-Takedown_001.jpg

I'd like to find an M6 survival rifle, or at least the commercial "Scout" equivalent, at a decent price. They are a simple .22 Hornet/.410 shotgun o/u originally issued in USAF aircraft survival kits back in the 1950s. Unfortunately they go for around $1000 in good condition. I actually had my hands on one in the early 80s, found it going through a long forgotten survival gear exhibit packed up in a store room at WPAFB. The building was going to be renovated, and we had to clean out everything in it. I liberated some of the smaller items we found, like a lensatic compass and signal mirror, but decided against taking the M6 in case I got stopped for a random gate inspection leaving the base. I wound up turning it and the rest of the gear over to DRMO as surplus to requirements, they probably scrapped the lot of it.

M6 USAF survival - Modern Firearms

Reactions: Seahunter
I'd like to find an M6 survival rifle, or at least the commercial "Scout" equivalent, at a decent price. They are a simple .22 Hornet/.410 shotgun o/u originally issued in USAF aircraft survival kits back in the 1950s. Unfortunately they go for around $1000 in good condition. I actually had my hands on one in the early 80s, found it going through a long forgotten survival gear exhibit packed up in a store room at WPAFB. The building was going to be renovated, and we had to clean out everything in it. I liberated some of the smaller items we found, like a lensatic compass and signal mirror, but decided against taking the M6 in case I got stopped for a random gate inspection leaving the base. I wound up turning it and the rest of the gear over to DRMO as surplus to requirements, they probably scrapped the lot of it.

M6 USAF survival - Modern Firearms
Very interesting, Duke. I remember reading about these one time, but I've never seen one. Probably good you didn't "liberate" it at the time, but darn, that would have been cool if you had! :D:cool:

Here is an interesting list of EDC bags. I have many different bags and use whichever one fits the situation the best. I really like the number 7 - Maxpedition Pocket Organizers here. They are a great way to compartmentalize smaller gear so it doesn't all just get tossed in a larger bag or compartment. They come in several sizes and configurations. I also like number 10 on the list here. This type of bag would likely get worn rather than carried. As mentioned previously, you have to be extremely cautious of off-body carry of your gun, because if that bag or whatever the container is, is not on your person 100% of the time, it risks not only being stolen, but should you need your weapon, it may not be anywhere near you when you need it most.

What are your thoughts on the following gear?

The 10 Best EDC Bags for Everyday Carry

June 11, 2017 Jeanie EDC 2

direct-action-messenger-main-678x381.jpg

Each year, the manufacturers who listen to their customers learn a little more about how their products are being used and what can be done to improve them. Then technology keeps advancing so the quality of materials and the designs improve year on year.

From backpacks to sling bags, messenger, laptop bags, pocket organizers and even a designer bag there is something to suit everyone’s taste and pocket and most importantly a bag that will fit all the EDC items. We have rounded up a select few popular EDC bags you should consider.

rush-12-tactical-backpack.jpg

1. Backpack: TACTICAL RUSH 12

The Rush 12 is incredibly popular. It comes in 4 colors to suit different tastes and uses – Black, Multicam Sandstone and Double Tap. The design of this bag is great for someone who has to carry a reasonable amount of gear and equipment on their daily commute. The main compartment is 18″ x 11″ x 6.5″ and it has a 21.2 liter capacity (1296 cubic inch)

For people who like to be organized instead of rummaging around in a pack that has only two or so compartment this bag has 16 compartments including a fleece-lined sunglasses pocket. Winner! Then the zipper pocket inside the outside storage area fits an iPad mini snugly – so no extra case needed for that or a tablet of similar size either. In the main compartment you can fit a laptop and accessories.

For concealed carry the interior provides snug fitting compartments to store your weapons. The internal admin panel means all your small accessories that usually get lost within backpacks are ready to hand. There is a built in hydration pocket but the wrap-around MOLLE/SlickStick web platform allows you to add other add-ons or an extra hydration system if you need.

The users range from scholars and hunters to airline passengers, and it’s even been used as a tactical assault pack – so it’s pretty versatile. Some people have managed to stuff all their clothes and toiletries in here for a long weekend away.

The fact that it’s made from water-resistant 1050D nylon means your stuff isn’t going to get wet in a rain shower. The fabric is sturdy and the stitching strong. The zippers are YKK self-repairing and the pull-tabs for opening are glove-friendly. Zippers are what set aside top quality gear from cheaper products.

The straps are fairly broad with a contoured yoke shoulder strap making it very comfortable for carrying securely for long periods of time.

Basically it’s a versatile bag, which means you don’t have to keep swapping bags. This bag will take you from college or work to a weekend away without any trouble – and it will last and last. That’s a true everyday carry bag for you!

Maxpedition-LITHVORE-Backpack.jpg

2. Maxpedition Advance Gear Research Lithvore 17L Everyday Back Pack

Quality and price go hand in hand –so near the top end of the range is this backpack from Maxpedition made from 500D Hex Ripstop and with a laser cut ATLAS attachment lattice system.

The zippers are YKK® with Positive Grip Pulls, it has expandable bottle holders and Shapeshift™ Webbing. The buckles are quality Duraflex® Xlite® Buckles and the bag comes with a logo embossed 420D Nylon Liner. Teflon® fabric protector is used to increase grime resistance and for easy maintenance.

The main compartment has an easy slip in pouch for a laptop while the front opening pouch comes with a handy organizer system for all those little things you need on a daily basis like USB stick, charger cords, headphones, a pen and a whole lot more. Both the front pouch and the main compartment have clamshell opening so you can see what you have at a glance with mesh pockets to keep everything in place. The ergonomic shoulder straps provide maximum comfort on this quality bag.

3V-Gear-Outlaw-Sling-Pack-Over.jpg

3. 3V Gear Outlaw Sling Pack Over the Shoulder Day Bag

This bag comes in black, coyote tan and olive drab – probably black is the best for EDC in the city. This bag is made from heavy-duty 600D PVC nylon with reinforced top and side handles.

Besides the shoulder strap designed for the left shoulder for better weapon shouldering, the main compartment comes with place for concealed carry weapon (CCW) and accessories. The bag can also be worn slung to the front and can be comfortably accessed while seated. The day bag is MOLLE and PALs compatible with an air mesh strap and hydration sleeve.

The zipper pulls also have built in theft deterrent devices and there are enough compartments to fit all your EDC gear neatly. The price is the draw-card as it’s not as expensive as the Maxpedition brand – but bear in mind that the more you pay for an item the longer it is likely to last!
I've got the rush

Reactions: NobleHouse
Yes, mine are similar too for my "caliber-specific" bug-out bags. I have several bug-out type bags that are self-contained and redundant with the other bags. They all have survival gear, first-aid, weapon, ammo, etc. I also have a few AR-7 Survival Rifles and Ruger Takedowns with as much .22 LR ammo as a person can carry, within reason of course.

For those who may be newer to these terms, Henry has an AR-7 Survival Rifle that comes apart, and all the pieces store in the waterproof, floatable butt stock.

maxresdefault.jpg

Ruger makes the Takedown, their version of a rifle that can break down for easier carry on the go. In this case, only the barrel is removable.

love that

love that
Excellent guns for survival. People think carrying the .22 LR rifle would be unwise. Well, in a survival situation, you've got a light, compact rifle with a perfect round for taking small game to survive. The ammo is less expensive (used to be I'd say cheap!), weighs less, and can be bartered. The felt recoil is a lot less than most guns so children and small adults are able to shoot this platform. In a pinch, it will also serve for defense. Yeah, it's a .22 round, but most people won't voluntarily stand there and take multiple rounds to the face or body, so yeah, it's still a weapon.

maxresdefault.jpg

I like the takedown 10/22 in theory, but I dunno, there’s something I like about a solid, one piece rifle that’s just ready when you need it. I got just the generic plastic stock 10/22 I hope to put some optics and a better stock on soon.

Reactions: jadamz
I like the takedown 10/22 in theory, but I dunno, there’s something I like about a solid, one piece rifle that’s just ready when you need it. I got just the generic plastic stock 10/22 I hope to put some optics and a better stock on soon.
Sure, it depends on your needs and wants. There's always a trade-off for a smaller, more compact version of most anything, I think.

Reactions: jadamz and Charleh
i have always wanted a sawed off shotgun. i think it is the perfect weapon unless in tight corners

drool

i want this one

Reactions: Seahunter