Ghost Adventures shares facts

That kind of crap is utterly denounced by our group, it gives the industry a very bad name. Unfortunately these people tend to be the loudest and get the most attention.

I don't have a problem with people making a living off the paranormal, but people who are faking it are doing it a terrible disservice to everyone else who takes it seriously, as well as disrespecting the dead. You can't call them out publicly or you risk a libel suit that most judges would shake their heads at and wonder why their time is being wasted.
attention is what they are after, it raises their youtube memberships and ad revenue. i dont mind at all the ghost tours in most of the tourists areas, i always try and catch one when in certain areas, its fun and you learn about the cities history. those are as much a history tour as a ghost tour. but they dont actually claim to be what some of these others are. what gets to me are the ones who claim to be actual investigators and then make all these fantastical stories of utter nonsense and get ppl to believe it. then those people come to more legitimate groups trying to pass off so and so's stories and amazing encounters they barely survived and on and on...lol... youtube is a lot of peoples intro into gathering info in the cryptid world and with the influx of ppl has become oversaturated with "investigators" who are having to one-up each other in order to keep members, and in doing so will pass on any story no matter how unbelievable or far fetched. the sad thing is that now more actual groups seem to think they have to follow this pattern and are casting actual results out in order to draw more followers. until the entertainment side is separated from the real investigative side its going to be a bumpy road for ppl trying to find true encounters and answers

Looks like the new season of Ghost Adventures begins March 10th.

Reactions: Lynne
I don't have the power to stream...which makes Discovery+ a pain since they are moving their best shows to it. Not everyone has access to high speed internet and Discovery just made it plain that those of us loyal to those shows and got them for free are now worthless to them. I have no problem with them offering a streaming service, but to make some major shows "exclusive" to that service is kind of a slap in the face to many who cannot access even if we wanted to.
They are doing that because the writing on the wall is that most people are now streaming instead of using cable. Cable is on the way out. I hope you can get better internet soon.

Discovery Plus has a streaming Ghost Adventures channel, showing reruns. I noticed that the content you see on it are the same episodes being shown the following Wednesday night on cable.
New season next week I believe.

Discovery Plus has a streaming Ghost Adventures channel, showing reruns. I noticed that the content you see on it are the same episodes being shown the following Wednesday night on cable.
New season next week I believe.
Good to know.

A tad late getting on this one. I used to like Ghost Hunters. There were a lot of great episodes early on. I loved the one from Eastern State Penn. there was also one in a lighthouse that was pretty cool. But yeah as the show went on..it was..did you hear that?! Did you see that?!..Uh..no. lol. Zack, i watched the doc when he 'lost' his sight from being 'attacked' by an entity...Demon House one....IF that was case, he tends to antagonize spirits more than the average person. Still on the fence with some of his stuff. Really great doc was The House Between. There was a cameo by one of the old ghost hunter guys Steve Gonzalas (spelling). Really good doc.

A tad late getting on this one. I used to like Ghost Hunters. There were a lot of great episodes early on. I loved the one from Eastern State Penn. there was also one in a lighthouse that was pretty cool. But yeah as the show went on..it was..did you hear that?! Did you see that?!..Uh..no. lol. Zack, i watched the doc when he 'lost' his sight from being 'attacked' by an entity...Demon House one....IF that was case, he tends to antagonize spirits more than the average person. Still on the fence with some of his stuff. Really great doc was The House Between. There was a cameo by one of the old ghost hunter guys Steve Gonzalas (spelling). Really good doc.
im skeptical of most of the ghost hunting shows, while entertaining ,they are still controlled by the networks and even by their own human nature. its all about the ratings and who can stay on top in the long run. while some of ghost adventures early stuff was fun to watch, they can be a tad over-dramatic at times. most of the shows i actually rate just above mountain monsters in beleavability.....lol.. the layout is the same with all of them, they have their own format that the networks give the "go" for and they arent allowed to deviate from said format. ghost hunters final reveal equils "yeah it nothing to worry about" "and we are only a phone call away if you need us" ...... amy allens final reveal equils, " omg, your going to die, sell this place immediately and get 4 shamans, a voodoo priest and a reiki expert.....with salt. (maybe even a massage, not sure havent watched her in a while....) and ghost adventures always ends with a lot of screaming and running, and sometimes a bulldozer.........

discovery plus last week released a destination fear documentary they filmed in 2015 but are just now releasing, its pretty good as far as how they got started and their first project

Reactions: Lynne and Selectric
I hate all ghost hunting shows. Maybe they get people more interested in the paranormal, that's about it though.

Reactions: Selectric and Paulm