Ghost Adventures shares facts

Ghost Adventures Comic.jpeg

Reactions: Lynne
discovery plus last week released a destination fear documentary they filmed in 2015 but are just now releasing, its pretty good as far as how they got started and their first project
This show is the equivalent of paranormal reality tv.

Reactions: Paulm
I hate all ghost hunting shows. Maybe they get people more interested in the paranormal, that's about it though.

They are what got my wife interested in investigating, and myself, as well, after watching over her shoulder for nearly ten years. These days I find Ghost Adventures very useful as a showcase of technology, as well as highlighting venues that I actually have a chance of investigating, myself, in many cases. Zak is based in Las Vegas, a 9 hour drive from my home, and it also means that G.A. is constantly investigation locations close to me, as well. I have been to several that Zak has covered and found them interesting and worth my time.

I am familiar with production TV. These shows are actually loosely scripted and the theatrical component is very high.

They are entertainment, not science or even serious documentaries.

I am also constantly amazed that some so-called "professionals" still have no clue as to how some of their gear works, and can't even tell the difference between a thermal butt-print on a wall left by a member of the team, and real paranormal evidence (Destination Fear reference, Zak is Exective Producer).

I have only been investigating for a couple of years now and still find value in these shows. I rarely catch everything after only one viewing. I expect a comedy of investigative errors, but there is still much to learn from observing what others use in various situations, and how they use it. I maintain that these shows serve a purpose and are, at the very least, entertaining.

What I can't stand are the re-enactment shows. I still haven't seen an Eli Roth episode that I can sit through for more than two or three commercial breaks. There is just zero tension or fear. Totally flat for me. Meh.

They are entertainment, not science or even serious documentaries.
That's why I don't like them, I feel like they are messing with things beyond their comprehension and mocking it in a way. Because of their lack of true knowledge and insight on the subject, what are they stirring up ? I feel they have little idea.

Got this yesterday. Kind of fun. GA coffee mug.

GA 01.jpg
GA 02.jpg

Yes, that's a GA episode streaming in the background lol.

Last edited:
Reactions: Selectric and Lynne
They are fairly large, Lynne. Not a small mug. Soup-sized.

Our daughters loved them so I went back to the website and found they had 5 more in-stock. So I ordered them lol. That will leave me with one to leave at work plus a spare or two. Hope the dog doesn't want one too!

Reactions: Selectric and Lynne
Just watched the new episode. Another Utah location! Just a couple hours' south of me.

Reactions: Debi
I started watching the new episode last night on D+. Fell asleep and had to start it over. Fell asleep again.

Will try this weekend. Perhaps earlier in the day, lol.

I watched the latest episode last night on D+. Very interesting, they investigate the childhood home of author John Steinbeck, where his mother died. Very haunted location. I won't spoil it but they did capture some compelling evidence.