Getting to know you....

W&S , sorry but there is no easy way to paint French doors. If I had 2 10 Paine doors, I would expect a journeyman to finish them in 8 hours. That's his day, no interruptions. Then, I'll sneak some Prozac into his sandwich.
Tips? Paint them down and on sawhorses, or makeshift ones. High quality brush. Wooster or Purdy 2 1/2 " angled sash is about $18. Also an 1 1/2" angled sash may go slower but you'll be neater and have more confidence.
It's faster to scrape a window than to tape them off. Surface should be prepped. Youre mantra is Clean. Dull. Dry.
Good luck.

W&S , sorry but there is no easy way to paint French doors. If I had 2 10 Paine doors, I would expect a journeyman to finish them in 8 hours. That's his day, no interruptions. Then, I'll sneak some Prozac into his sandwich.
Tips? Paint them down and on sawhorses, or makeshift ones. High quality brush. Wooster or Purdy 2 1/2 " angled sash is about $18. Also an 1 1/2" angled sash may go slower but you'll be neater and have more confidence.
It's faster to scrape a window than to tape them off. Surface should be prepped. Youre mantra is Clean. Dull. Dry.
Good luck.

Man blue painters tape is my friend! But, this French door came with film on at least one side of the windows. So I’ll try your technique of scraping the paint off on the other side.

Thanks the brush suggestions too.

Man blue painters tape is my friend! But, this French door came with film on at least one side of the windows. So I’ll try your technique of scraping the paint off on the other side.

Thanks the brush suggestions too.
A side bennie of this forum is we all share our "other" knowledge! Everything from how to fix your computer to the latest out of Hollywood. (You haven't met her yet, but our Jadamz is a very well known dialect coach in Hollywood. Paint recently helped her with a Chicago accent for Al Pacino.)

Last edited:
A side bennie of this forum is we all share our "other" knowledge! Everything from how to fix your computer to the latest out of Hollywood. (You haven't met her yet, but our Jadamz is a very well known dialect coach in Hollywood. Paint recently helped her with a Chicago accent for Al Pacino.)

That’s bitchin’!

Just adding a little color to the language.

Reactions: Paintman
That’s bitchin’!

Just adding a little color to the language.
BTW, you were fine with your statement. The rule is some casual phrases are fine. My big no no is the "F" word and any words that may be sexually oriented or degrading.

For everyone who is new and those who may not remember, I keep the site pretty clean for several reasons....one of the biggest of those reasons is we have teens who do read this site. I like the fact that although they are not old enough to post here yet, they can read and learn about the paranormal on a site their parents can approve.

It also keeps the trolls off my site. Always a good thing since cleaning out under those bridges can be a bit messy. :)