Flight/Planes

USS Indianapolis sets sail for home port in Florida
They commissioned this ship on the southern tip of Lake Michigan at the Port of Indiana.

This is the only appropriate place I could find to post this article. Debi and I grew up nearby. And I still live there.

A former USN colleague of mine was assigned to this program back in the late 90s/early 2000s, he was not impressed. To this day he refers to LCS as "little crappy ship."

Is this a different plane than the MAX?

No. Both are 737s, but are different models. This is the same issue that was identified a month or so ago, but what's concerning is the cracking previously identified was associated with a/c with a higher number of flight hours. It's not discussed here, but "flight hours" are not the only defining parameter when looking at structural failures. Failures could be a function of number of flight pressurization cycles (not likely here) or number of take-offs and especially landings.

Reactions: Debi
No. Both are 737s, but are different models. This is the same issue that was identified a month or so ago, but what's concerning is the cracking previously identified was associated with a/c with a higher number of flight hours. It's not discussed here, but "flight hours" are not the only defining parameter when looking at structural failures. Failures could be a function of number of flight pressurization cycles (not likely here) or number of take-offs and especially landings.
Thanks for explaining that. And once again, I am NOT getting on a plane.