Flight/Planes

Center Of Gravity Concerns Lead To Lufthansa Pulling Last Economy Row On A320neo - Simple Flying

Back in the 80s I took a small commuter airliner somewhere, can't remember if it was a Jetstream or a Beech 99. After everyone was seated, one of the pilots came back and started asking passengers to change seats for weight/balance purposes. It wound up being "fat people up front." If that happened today, they'd be a media brouhaha about the airline "body shaming" plus size passengers.

Reactions: TonyM and Debi
20190921_130029.jpg
20190921_120921.jpg
20190921_113327.jpg

Went to the annual Waco Fly-In earlier today in Troy, Ohio.

Very cool, Duke! Just shared the pics with the guys.

That's a very well written article, the writer did a good job detailing the problem and explaining how Boeing and the FAA are dealing with it post-inspection.

I've worked similar issues in the past. They are working diligently, looking at the failed part to determine the nature and cause of the crack. The article didn't say if Boeing makes the part or buys it from a supplier, but either way they are currently conducting a quality audit looking at everything from metallurgical properties to manufacturing processes of the part. Hopefully they find the problem is limited to a production lot, that makes it easy to do a swap out of the part.

Reactions: TonyM
That's a very well written article, the writer did a good job detailing the problem and explaining how Boeing and the FAA are dealing with it post-inspection.

I've worked similar issues in the past. They are working diligently, looking at the failed part to determine the nature and cause of the crack. The article didn't say if Boeing makes the part or buys it from a supplier, but either way they are currently conducting a quality audit looking at everything from metallurgical properties to manufacturing processes of the part. Hopefully they find the problem is limited to a production lot, that makes it easy to do a swap out of the part.

Yes, I thought it was a well balanced analysis. These issues have come to light before and I find the transparency refreshing given the parties involved, I'll be following this with interest.

Reactions: Duke
Reactions: Duke