Favorite Candy As A Youngster?

Wow, too many to list - I loved candy bars more than just sweet candy types. Of the "retro" ones, I'd say Cup O' Golds, Sixlets, Mountain Bars, Zero Bars, Rocky Road, Coconut Slices Candy Bar, Idaho Spud, Chick-O-Stick, Seven Up Candy Bar, and that's off the top of my head.

As for current production candy... Nestle Crunch, Reece's Peanut Butter Cups, Malted Balls, Kit Kat, Heath Bar, Mounds, Milky Way, Junior Mints, Butterfinger, caramels, Toblerone, just to name a few. Did I mention I liked candy bars? :p:eek:
I love toblerone!

I have mentioned this before but NOBODY remembers this candy bar. It was my very favorite and one day it just disappeared from the shelves. It was called a Chalkolite. It was a light airy chocolate bar. I ate a ton of them as a kid. But people think I’m nuts when I mention them. So how about this group? Anyone ever hears of a chalkolite bar?

Reactions: Paintman and Duke
What’s something you can’t get there, I’ll put it in the box with your socks.

Hi Lynne thanks for the offer. Being diabetic I rarely touch candy these days but there's not much that can't be sourced here, I believe there's a shop in Glasgow that does US items as well as the rarer home grown stuff. I don't dare go near such a place :)

Reactions: Lynne and Seahunter
Hi Lynne thanks for the offer. Being diabetic I rarely touch candy these days but there's not much that can't be sourced here, I believe there's a shop in Glasgow that does US items as well as the rarer home grown stuff. I don't dare go near such a place :)
Same here, Tony - diabetic. I only dream of candy bars now. Once in a while I go off the wagon and have one, and bolus the heck out of it! :p

Reactions: Lynne and TonyM
I have mentioned this before but NOBODY remembers this candy bar. It was my very favorite and one day it just disappeared from the shelves. It was called a Chalkolite. It was a light airy chocolate bar. I ate a ton of them as a kid. But people think I’m nuts when I mention them. So how about this group? Anyone ever hears of a chalkolite bar?
I have not heard of Chalkolite, but you did remind me of another favorite of mine I can't believe I forgot - Uno Bar. Uno's are light airy chocolate, just like a truffle - absolutely delicious!

Chalkolite seems to be a formation in mineralogy, but I don't find a candy. Could it maybe be spelled differently?

I'm sure this type candy is available today, although probably under a different name. A quick search of a couple vintage candy sites says the Nestle "Mirage" bar sold primarily in Canada is a pretty much the same as the Choco'lite. They are sold on Amazon.

Last edited:
I loved many kinds of candy, so let's see...Reese's peanut butter cups, Kit Kat bars, Hersheys chocolate bars with almonds, coconut haystacks, Turtles or Katydids, Jordan almonds, Chunkies, Butterfingers, Halvah (not exactly a candy) and Sugar Babies.

I'm sure this type candy is available today, although probably under a different name. A quick search of a couple vintage candy sites says the Nestle "Mirage" bar sold primarily in Canada is a pretty much the same as the Choco'lite. They are sold on Amazon.
Omg YOU FOUND IT!!!!!
Thank you Duke!!!

Reactions: Paintman
I loved many kinds of candy, so let's see...Reese's peanut butter cups, Kit Kat bars, Hersheys chocolate bars with almonds, coconut haystacks, Turtles or Katydids, Jordan almonds, Chunkies, Butterfingers, Halvah (not exactly a candy) and Sugar Babies.
Ok now I want some chocolate lol

Reactions: garnetsilver