Fairs and Festivals

AWWW! Hey, I had a fear of horses as a kid. Can you imagine a girl being afraid of horses? I have since learned to understand them and enjoy looking at them thanks to the fairs and horse shows around here during fair time.
From what I understand, you've got to show them you're not afraid of them. They're intimidating because of their size and breed in some cases but they're amazing animals and smart to boot by the same token.

we started to go to one of the bigger ones here a month or so ago, but the wait was over two hours to enter so we decided against it, just too big of a crowd, and it was like that for the entire three days. theres a couple more big ones over the summer and then the state fair in September along with quite a few small town fairs and artists / crafts markets, so im sure we will catch a couple of them before its over.

Reactions: garnetsilver
I love our County Fair and have pretty much tried to do it every year.
Smoked Chicken & Ribs. I get a real lemonade with sugar in it.
Play the BB machine gun game.
Pet a kangaroo!!!!!
See the tractor display and the farm animals. There's always something with horses going on and I like the barrel races and the miniature horse races. They pull a little sulkie with a little kid in it. Hilarious.
And of course I have to test myself with various Feats of Strength that I'm not good at anymore.....

I confess I go for the food. It’s probably unsafe and dirty but it’s so wonderful. I’m ready for a corn dog and various other delights on a stick!

One year I had a baked apple with whipped cream. Another, I pigged out on Funnel cake. So many delicious things to eat at fairs!

One year I had a baked apple with whipped cream. Another, I pigged out on Funnel cake. So many delicious things to eat at fairs!
Ohhh yes. My absolute fav is a hot Elephant ear with lots of butter and sugar.

• Love it
Reactions: garnetsilver