Fairs and Festivals

Debi

Owner/Admin
Staff
Reaction score

THEY'RE BACK! COUNTY AND STATE FAIRS, SUMMER FESTS, ALL ARE RETURNING THIS YEAR.
WILL YOU BE GOING TO ONE THIS YEAR?
WHAT'S YOUR FAVORITE PART? FOOD? ANIMALS? RIDES? MIDWAY? CONCERTS? TRACTOR PULLS?
LET'S HEAR IT.

We live close to a Fairground, and I heard that they are going to have their usual events this year. I am looking forward to the food and the farm animals! Not so much interest in noisy concerts.

Reactions: Paintman and Paulm
We live close to a Fairground, and I heard that they are going to have their usual events this year. I am looking forward to the food and the farm animals! Not so much interest in noisy concerts.
We already have some starting around here. Fair food....I need to send someone just to pick up fair food for me. Bet Gabe would! lol

We don't get ours until early October. I can't remember the last time I'd been, but it's been a lifetime ago it seems. I don't know if you've heard of it or not, but Malone's State Fair vanilla taffy made it well more than worth the trip. Hard to believe we're starting to near that time of the year again. Time flies.

All of our local fairs happen in late June into July, followed by the State Fair in August. I'm already seeing ads about it.

Reactions: garnetsilver
I think ours was cancelled last year because of COVID. I'm not sure about the status now, but it's likely on. It should have an improved attendance this year.

I think ours was cancelled last year because of COVID. I'm not sure about the status now, but it's likely on. It should have an improved attendance this year.
Most were cancelled due to Covid and there appears to be a great interest in this year's offering!

I do have one memory that I'd long since forgotten since we're on the subject of fairs and festivals. My mom wanted a picture of me - dressed in cowboy attire on top of a young foal or pony when I was about five or six. I haven't seen the picture in lord knows how long but I remember the expression on my face and I wasn't exactly happy. I was to the point of tears.

I do have one memory that I'd long since forgotten since we're on the subject of fairs and festivals. My mom wanted a picture of me - dressed in cowboy attire on top of a young foal or pony when I was about five or six. I haven't seen the picture in lord knows how long but I remember the expression on my face and I wasn't exactly happy. I was to the point of tears.
AWWW! Hey, I had a fear of horses as a kid. Can you imagine a girl being afraid of horses? I have since learned to understand them and enjoy looking at them thanks to the fairs and horse shows around here during fair time.