Exorcism goes mainstream

IMO do believe some ppl get possessed. Do I believe it is on the rise? Could Be there is so much evil out there.should all religions be able to preform them yes, but only well trained and that is it. If spirits can jump you why can't something more negative? Do I also believe a teenager should do them? HECK NO!
I only think trained exorcist and or a demonologist should only but IMO.

I thought I'd better get over here asap and fix some stuff - fast. Has Debi been in yet this morning? :mad::bomb::confused:

Those of you who know me probably (I hope) know I am a definite "First Do No Harm" kind of girl, and that when I say I am un-assimulated that mean's I honor ALL Spiritual Paths with no allegiance to a specific group or... mmmm...One Path. Those One's also know I tend to go on random rants occasionally without tempering my words. Those posts come strictly from an emotional "Child Self" place... The above post was one of 'hers' :rolleyes: While I love that child and while she always speaks from a place of Truth, in general she forgets her manners. So...

I have tried to go through life visiting, examining, and learning to understand, the tenets of many Faiths, Paths, and Spirituality's. I have tried to be objective when studying these Home's and enter with no preconceived perceptions that color that Journey. This is something I did unconsciously as a child -- consciously as an adult. I don't claim total success in that. (What? Yes, I know -- I am not a higher thing than any other human. I have a human ego and I am just as stubborn as everyone else and just as prone to narrow-mindedness as my neighbors. But I do try.) Regardless, I carry their Light away with me, safely tucked in my Spirit and discard the junk/spam (what I consider junk/spam) when I Journey on.

It should be said here, that I do not now and have never, purposely enter any House that deals with darkness as a God... if you See. Those, and ' I Thank'ee Creator', have been false and hateful to me since I came into this world. So -- here is my Truth --

I have never failed to find at least One Beauty in any of those House's... and I carry MANY from Catholicism. Many. Which is why I hold that 'The Church' more responsible/accountable then most. There is great Power of Light there and there are Great forces of Darkness that would extinguish or corrupt that Light. As it has been since the beginning. If I believe, or even think I possibly believe -- I see that or even a Notion of that - I am going to Speak. In defense of its Light. That is what my post here was meant to be -- but that darn kid made it there before my more sophisticated adult self - :eek: :p:screamcat: Neither I nor She meant any disrespect to The Children who dwell within The Church or their beliefs.

So, to summarize and clarify and Speak my Intent Clearly -- and on record -I want to repeat here what I spoke to a good friend and Warrior of The Light recently. When I speak of 'The Church' in any post on any subject, I am NOT speaking of the People who dwell there. EVER. NEVER. I am speaking in the abstract of 'The House'... hmmm... The Vessel - not right either - Okay - I am speaking of the invisible power base that controls the Sacredness at their whim and dishes it out as they see fit to The Children - which are You.

And All That being said - I stand by my belief that in this PARTICULAR question dealing with Exorcism. NO. Just NO.

Now, I have to scat -- I can feel Debi giving me 'the look'. Sorry Debi.

Last edited:
Reactions: ParanormalMom
I thought I'd better get over here asap and fix some stuff - fast. Has Debi been in yet this morning? :mad::bomb::confused:

Those of you who know me probably (I hope) know I am a definite "First Do No Harm" kind of girl, and that when I say I am un-assimulated that mean's I honor ALL Spiritual Paths with no allegiance to a specific group or... mmmm...One Path. Those One's also know I tend to go on random rants occasionally without tempering my words. Those posts come strictly from an emotional "Child Self" place... The above post was one of 'hers' :rolleyes: While I love that child and while she always speaks from a place of Truth, in general she forgets her manners. So...

I have tried to go through life visiting, examining, and learning to understand, the tenets of many Faiths, Paths, and Spirituality's. I have tried to be objective when studying these Home's and enter with no preconceived perceptions that color that Journey. This is something I did unconsciously as a child -- consciously as an adult. I don't claim total success in that. (What? Yes, I know -- I am not a higher thing than any other human. I have a human ego and I am just as stubborn as everyone else and just as prone to narrow-mindedness as my neighbors. But I do try.) Regardless, I carry their Light away with me, safely tucked in my Spirit and discard the junk/spam (what I consider junk/spam) when I Journey on.

It should be said here, that I do not now and have never, purposely enter any House that deals with darkness as a God... if you See. Those, and ' I Thank'ee Creator', have been false and hateful to me since I came into this world. So -- here is my Truth --

I have never failed to find at least One Beauty in any of those House's... and I carry MANY from Catholicism. Many. Which is why I hold that 'The Church' more responsible/accountable then most. There is great Power of Light there and there are Great forces of Darkness that would extinguish or corrupt that Light. As it has been since the beginning. If I believe, or even think I possibly believe -- I see that or even a Notion of that - I am going to Speak. In defense of its Light. That is what my post here was meant to be -- but that darn kid made it there before my more sophisticated adult self - :eek: :p:screamcat: Neither I nor She meant any disrespect to The Children who dwell within The Church or their beliefs.

So, to summarize and clarify and Speak my Intent Clearly -- and on record -I want to repeat here what I spoke to a good friend and Warrior of The Light recently. When I speak of 'The Church' in any post on any subject, I am NOT speaking of the People who dwell there. EVER. NEVER. I am speaking in the abstract of 'The House'... hmmm... The Vessel - not right either - Okay - I am speaking of the invisible power base that controls the Sacredness at their whim and dishes it out as they see fit to The Children - which are You.

And All That being said - I stand by my belief that in this PARTICULAR question dealing with Exorcism. NO. Just NO.

Now, I have to scat -- I can feel Debi giving me 'the look'. Sorry Debi.

Darcy no worries. I feel you. When I say faith don't belong to a certain religion. I don't go to church but one time my grandma made me go and that I will say what happened. But I believe you don't need to go to church to have faith or belief of Lord, nature is the Lord. So if that works for people why not let ppl believe in what the do. I am a firm believer that churches control what you should believe IMO. I heard if you commit suicide do drugs you won't get into heaven I have read the Bible and there is nothing that says you will burn in hell for that like churches tell people. If a person does evil that is on the person not the religion they belong to. Because if that is the case everyone is doomed, from Catholic's Christian's, Mormons . Everyone believe what they do. And I have been there myself but we all need to remember we are typing no one can see the expression on the face of the person, words are just that they can be looked at as the person being mad when that may not be that case.
Now the church story my grandma took me to a church and she wanted me to see God is real. I got into the church and started saying " IT BURNS GRANDMA IT BURN'S" My grandma was super embarrassed, people just looked at me. The minister just looked at me, my grandma was so mad. The minister walked to me and said why you say that? I told him you say this is Lord's house right? But ain't that in the clouds? You say this is a safe Haven but God said
" Don't build thy temple in thy name"
Ain't that what a church is?
He looked at me smiled said I never had a person say that to me. Some ppl said blasphemy. Minister said no she spoke the truth. My funny church story.

Reactions: Donna K.
IMO do believe some ppl get possessed. Do I believe it is on the rise? Could Be there is so much evil out there.should all religions be able to preform them yes, but only well trained and that is it. If spirits can jump you why can't something more negative? Do I also believe a teenager should do them? HECK NO!
I only think trained exorcist and or a demonologist should only but IMO.

If you as ask me directly if I thought 'Exorcism' was real - I would answer yes it is possible. if you asked me if I 'believed' in Exorcism. I would say no.

But that is a conversation for a different thread I think.

Seems to me people are less evil now,less racism,bigotry,sexism,people not getting sacrificed left,right and centre.Religions seem to be where most evil hides so maybe they need to look at themselves before blaming someone interested in Astrology.

I agree with you about religions hiding evil. Just look at the Catholic church and all the people (children) that suffered abuse from Priests. The CC tried to keep this abuse a secret. They would send these priests to different churches/communities/diocese. Where they could continue their abuse against children.

People put their trust & faith into the CC. I think sometimes they blindly trusted them. Some people didn't/wouldn't or couldn't believe that priests could do such horrific things. Many victims were not believed.

The CC had/has so much power. Dictating to people about how they should live. Telling them they are sinners, etc. When, ironically, some of the biggest sinners are within the CC.

The hypocrisy of some religions is breathtaking.

I agree with you about religions hiding evil. Just look at the Catholic church and all the people (children) that suffered abuse from Priests. The CC tried to keep this abuse a secret. They would send these priests to different churches/communities/diocese. Where they could continue their abuse against children.

People put their trust & faith into the CC. I think sometimes they blindly trusted them. Some people didn't/wouldn't or couldn't believe that priests could do such horrific things. Many victims were not believed.

The CC had/has so much power. Dictating to people about how they should live. Telling them they are sinners, etc. When, ironically, some of the biggest sinners are within the CC.

One of the worst things is taking something that is meant to be beautiful ,helpful and loving which I feel religions are meant to be and using the power for your own twisted fantasy, which is what these individuals have done.The days of these people hiding are over.There always seems to be a ying yang with everthing in life.

And I am going to once again bring up the fact that this doesn't just occur in the CC. It is within all organizations, religious or otherwise. We don't bash religions here, but if it is going to be brought up, let's be sure we are inclusive that abuse is found everywhere. It is woven deep within our world at many levels. To point out only one area of where it is found falls short.

And I now return you to Exorcisms in the mainstream.

Last edited:
Reactions: Lynne
I do believe people get possessed by evil,I think you would have to have total faith in the chosen religion for the exorcism to be successful.I don't know much about this,maybe I'm wrong.

I do believe people get possessed by evil,I think you would have to have total faith in the chosen religion for the exorcism to be successful.I don't know much about this,maybe I'm wrong.
I believe you are correct in that it plays a huge roll in combating these things. If you don't believe in a Divine power, how do you believe in a demon and combat it?

Reactions: ozentity