Eclipse Watch

Debi

Owner/Admin
Staff
Reaction score
I'll be adding on to this thread about the Eclipse.

First, cloud cover is currently being predicted for most of the path of totality. This is always changeable, but as it stands now, it's not looking good. (White equals cloud cover predicted on this map.)

ECLIPSE CLOUD COVER WATCH:

Model: GFS
Verification Confidence: Very Low

Synopsis: We're still 13 days away, at this point any cloud cover plot is worthless. The bigger thing to take away at this point, and what is slightly concerning is the guidance suggests the overall upper air pattern around this time will be active, one that supports multiple storm systems traversing the country along the path.

433005956_943829447131245_1957543243635782396_n.jpg

Reactions: jellyforspongebob
I'm curious.....I never understood the desire to burn out your retinas looking at an Eclipse. ;)
I get the significance and celebration. Definitely awesome.
;ss

Years ago, I met a girl at a summer camp. She had gone blind during an eclipse. A year later, she was being prayed for at church and her sight returned. I used to have the article from the paper on that and will see if I can find it. She was from here in Indiana.

All my life I've been told that looking at the eclipse is super dangerous and will cause me to go blind. Yet I've been driving to work like this for decades.
1000002152.jpg

So far, my area has the civil defense, all first responders, and hospitals on standby for the event. Not sure if we have National Guard troops here but I've heard of other areas who will have them in the area for the eclipse aftermath. I know of at least two of us who may encounter internet problems that day.

Reactions: Ragnar0711
Only partial for us in SoCal. I probably won't even notice it.

Reactions: Lynne and Debi
This is Steve Kates (Dr. Sky) site. He will be posting on it for the eclipse.